lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre pages... ha ha!

Not too far off from where I got this tag. Poker playing ogre. Pogre.

I'm reading up on HDAM and it looks like one of those things that does the same job a little different than some other amps but the end result is probably pretty indistnguishable.

There was always a little part of me that wanted a Marantz. Never thought I'd end up with one. This is cool.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pogre pages... ha ha!

I'm reading up on HDAM and it looks like one of those things that does the same job a little different than some other amps but the end result is probably pretty indistnguishable.

There was always a little part of me that wanted a Marantz. Never thought I'd end up with one. This is cool.
Looking forward to your comments after you've got it all dialed. I'd definitely try Marantz but not particularly crazy about their exterior design nor did I find as good a deal as you did when I last was in the market. Design wise I understand the AC Infinity fans match up pretty good with them fwiw.....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Pogre pages... lol
I like the look of marantz, but after some time with a 7005 the porthole proved itself useless. Next update might be one for me though. Really curious about your impressions too. Btw, not sure how I missed it but what are you using now?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got an update. It's been bumped from Saturday to Friday. I like those updates! In the meantime I'll just keep reading specs and reviews and stare at these...

L_SR6011_u_bk_st.png

L_SR6011_u_bk_st_op.png

L_SR6011_u_bk_re.png

*twitch*

:p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Fwiw pogre, I like how it looks. The porthole of course is useless but cool. Maybe if they made it just a little bigger? Now you just need an amp! (Lol. I'm a dikk, sorry).
:Neener:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Fwiw pogre, I like how it looks. The porthole of course is useless but cool. Maybe if they made it just a little bigger? Now you just need an amp! (Lol. I'm a dikk, sorry).
:Neener:
Did you think I'd buy a receiver with a full set of preouts and not have an amp in my sights? Oh no, my friend. An amp was was part of the deal long before I bought the receiver! :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Did you think I'd buy a receiver with a full set of preouts and not have an amp in my sights? Oh no, my friend. An amp was was part of the deal long before I bought the receiver! :D
Lol!!! I kinda thought so. That's why i didn't feel bad about that poke. Only 4 days!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lol!!! I kinda thought so. That's why i didn't feel bad about that poke. Only 4 days!
Tomorrow now! Supposed to be here between 10 and 2 o'clock. Plenty of time to set it up and have some fun with it. I'm glad I bought banana plug connectors now. Makes it quite a bit easier to swap stuff around.

I don't know if I mentioned that to get this I had to also but an iPad pro 12.9 for the wife to keep her from griefing me out of buying the receiver. Sometimes being married is very expensive when you want a new toy...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got an alert! 'Cuz I set them up, lol. I'm gonna be jumping at every sound until it shows up!

2017-06-01 14.10.58.png

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just an FYI.
I don't know about the 6011, but the earlier 6001 had the exact same amp section as the 7001!
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/accessories4less.105989/#post-1162880

Congrats on the 6011! I think that is the best looking receiver out there (the 7011 just seems awkwardly tall). Don't sweat the port. Since you have it connected to a TV, the on screen display is likely already where you look for displayed info; and if you want to check settings, pressing the "info" button will throw everything on the TV screen.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just an FYI.
I don't know about the 6011, but the earlier 6001 had the exact same amp section as the 7001!
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/accessories4less.105989/#post-1162880

Congrats on the 6011! I think that is the best looking receiver out there (the 7011 just seems awkwardly tall). Don't sweat the port. Since you have it connected to a TV, the on screen display is likely already where you look for displayed info; and if you want to check settings, pressing the "info" button will throw everything on the TV screen.
Thanks Kew. That's interesting about the 6001/7001. Makes me curious... Another thing I'm curious about is Gene's review of my speakers. He says their 4 ohm speakers despite their 8 ohm rating? What does that mean in terms of output? Is it just a more difficult load or do the speakers see more power?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It takes a bit more power at its lower impedance points (looks to be dips to 4.5 at 55 hz and a broader dip closer to 4 at 200 hz, mostly 6 or above otherwise), so a bit more difficult load for the amp at those points.

As to amp sections you can find very similar across various models in the D&M lineups.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Pogre pages... ha ha!

My head is spinning following this thread and I still haven't figured out what you got...which AVR did you buy?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My head is spinning following this thread and I still haven't figured out what you got...which AVR did you buy?
1.9db, to be exact according the the online SPL calculator. So I guess you're right... :p

I forgot to update! I didn't go with any of the ones we discussed here! Kept it in the family tho...

View attachment 21055

Found out it has the editor app support, MultEQ XT32 and pretty much everything else I'm looking for, close to my budget. Of course I picked the best time to order, as usual. Saturday on a holiday weekend. They haven't even updated the status yet. I'm guessing by Friday or Saturday. The wait begins!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis