Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I sure hope so my friend.. after all I am taking your words for it for I am going to buy blind :)
I know you are. I wouldn't tell you to go for it if I weren't supremely confident that they'll knock your socks off. I know what it's like to pull the trigger and make big purchases. You've done your due dilligence, asked a lot of questions and can make an informed decision.

Unfortunate that you have to "buy blind", but you got us! The pic above is my setup. I'm listening to it right now and I'm a believer in SVS and their Ultra line.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm so busy cheerleading for SVS that I didn't think to ask what other brands you found available to you. I love my Ultras, but there's lots out there and I'm curious what all you found.

I'm not changing my vote for SVS though! Just curious what else is available to you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I feels like building a soccer team with 2 cheerleader on the stands :) :)
LOL we love spending OPM (other people's money) ;)

In general I think patience and research is a good thing when buying things, particularly audio, LOL

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey! What about me? lol I'm in the stands too.
I think for the money, you'd be hard pressed to do much better. The ultra line is very well regarded, and rightly so. And I think @Pogre he's going with towers so why not a 3rd? The entertainment center would have to be somewhere else but hey, it's Hasan's money lol. Jk. Pogres advice for a bookshelf center is very good. If not a 3rd tower, I'd do that. AND, 2 PC ultras. Damn, that's gonna be nice.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I know you are. I wouldn't tell you to go for it if I weren't supremely confident that they'll knock your socks off. I know what it's like to pull the trigger and make big purchases. You've done your due dilligence, asked a lot of questions and can make an informed decision.

Unfortunate that you have to "buy blind", but you got us! The pic above is my setup. I'm listening to it right now and I'm a believer in SVS and their Ultra line.
I'm so busy cheerleading for SVS that I didn't think to ask what other brands you found available to you. I love my Ultras, but there's lots out there and I'm curious what all you found.

I'm not changing my vote for SVS though! Just curious what else is available to you.
I already mentioned them aerial acoustics and Atlantic technology (which about the same price almost) .. beside paradigm and infinite technology

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
LOL we love spending OPM (other people's money) ;)

In general I think patience and research is a good thing when buying things, particularly audio, LOL
Hey! What about me? lol I'm in the stands too.
I think for the money, you'd be hard pressed to do much better. The ultra line is very well regarded, and rightly so. And I think @Pogre he's going with towers so why not a 3rd? The entertainment center would have to be somewhere else but hey, it's Hasan's money lol. Jk. Pogres advice for a bookshelf center is very good. If not a 3rd tower, I'd do that. AND, 2 PC ultras. Damn, that's gonna be nice.
You know guys I was referring to the subs as the cheerleaders not you .. you 3 are the ultras of my team :)
in any case I receive a quotation regarding how much it costs and its approximately $10,000 without shipping.. and they need to order the towers from abroad which will take a month after I pay 20% of the total amount.. either way shipping or not I have to visit the store personally and see if it is valid.. but its kinda hard to travel while fasting so I'm gonna wait at least a month before making a final decision.. any input is really appreciated :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL never laid that much money out at once on anything but cars and houses. Sounds like it will be a killer setup, tho!

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
LOL never laid that much money out at once on anything but cars and houses. Sounds like it will be a killer setup, tho!
I actually own a car that cost less than this :) and it better be a killer for that's what I'm after :)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
hey guys.. guess who's back :cool::cool::cool:
how are you all doing hope you didn't miss me so much :):)

I know I know.. I suddenly disappeared on you but I was searching for the company who sells SVS products in KSA and it turned out,, after a long search, they are a bit risky to deal with.. they deliver damage goods and if you order something they don\t have they take approximately 3 months to deliver the order,, not to mention the warranty is a big joke as I discovered.. so even though I almost went there and bought the damn speakers and subs it turned out it was a good thing I waited..

any how,, I know I asked you about this before but the only guy that seems trust worthy here in Kuwait highly recommends Atlantic technology and I kinda wondering if you could give me a professional opinion about this company?

furthermore, this guy spoke to me about a device called "Power" and for 11.2 system it seems I need 5 of them.. he explained that Yamaha A/C deliver poor power to the speakers and so it need to boost it up with this power device.. also, he spoke about THX and how Yamaha abandoned their standards .. so I was wondering if you have any information about that...

Finally, I gotta say.. it's good to be back :):):)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

I know I know.. I suddenly disappeared on you but I was searching for the company who sells SVS products in KSA and it turned out,, after a long search, they are a bit risky to deal with.. they deliver damage goods and if you order something they don\t have they take approximately 3 months to deliver the order,, not to mention the warranty is a big joke as I discovered.. so even though I almost went there and bought the damn speakers and subs it turned out it was a good thing I waited..

any how,, I know I asked you about this before but the only guy that seems trust worthy here in Kuwait highly recommends Atlantic technology and I kinda wondering if you could give me a professional opinion about this company?

furthermore, this guy spoke to me about a device called "Power" and for 11.2 system it seems I need 5 of them.. he explained that Yamaha A/C deliver poor power to the speakers and so it need to boost it up with this power device.. also, he spoke about THX and how Yamaha abandoned their standards .. so I was wondering if you have any information about that...

Glad your "guy" is working out

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Welcome back Hasan! I'd say yes, it's definitely good that you waited. Did you buy or commit to anything else yet?

Watch out for guys trying to sell you peripherals like the "Power" device. I can see additional amplification for 11.2 channels, but 5 of those devices (what, exactly, are these devices?) raises a big red flag for me.

What else does your guy have besides Atlantic Technology? Are those the only speakers he carries?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome back. That power thing sounds odd, would like to know more about that...is it a power conditioner? Or power amp? Atlantic Technology is a solid speaker brand, but what models are you considering? I would not consider them for subs particularly but haven't looked at what they currently have either. Sucks about the SVS distributor/dealer there, hopefully SVS is dealing with that.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Glad your "guy" is working out
Welcome back Hasan! I'd say yes, it's definitely good that you waited. Did you buy or commit to anything else yet?

Watch out for guys trying to sell you peripherals like the "Power" device. I can see additional amplification for 11.2 channels, but 5 of those devices (what, exactly, are these devices?) raises a big red flag for me.

What else does your guy have besides Atlantic Technology? Are those the only speakers he carries?
Welcome back. That power thing sounds odd, would like to know more about that...is it a power conditioner? Or power amp? Atlantic Technology is a solid speaker brand, but what models are you considering? I would not consider them for subs particularly but haven't looked at what they currently have either. Sucks about the SVS distributor/dealer there, hopefully SVS is dealing with that.
Regarding the power device I believe he meant power amps but I’m not sure.. the way he put it is that the amplifiers in yamaha reciever would only consume 20% of the speakers power so they would remain hungry as he said.. I am looking to buy the top of the line speakers and subs.. the 8200 eventhough they’re considerably more expensive than SVS.. but if am paying I might go all the way.. as for other brands I don’t believe he carry any.. he brough subs from SVS which was the reason I contactedhim again but he ordered them from the US and told the shipping will very expensive

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like some of the guys are familiar with Atlantic Tech and they're good speakers. I would want to know exactly what 5 "Power" devices are doing in the system before buying them.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Looks like some of the guys are familiar with Atlantic Tech and they're good speakers. I would want to know exactly what 5 "Power" devices are doing in the system before buying them.
It seems that I miss understood him .. I just called him and he said that it's only ONE power amp with 5 channels at least .. but it must have a specific specs as he says

hope that helps clear the picture

how do Atlantic compare to svs btw? any idea?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It seems that I miss understood him .. I just called him and he said that it's only ONE power amp with 5 channels at least .. but it must have a specific specs as he says

hope that helps clear the picture

how do Atlantic compare to svs btw? any idea?
I've never heard AT speakers, but I trust the opinions of the guys here who say that they're good speakers. See if you can find out which 5 channel power amp he has. Manufacturer/model. It's not unreasonable to add amplification if you're going full blown with 11.2. That's a lot of speakers for an avr by itself.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I've never heard AT speakers, but I trust the opinions of the guys here who say that they're good speakers. See if you can find out which 5 channel power amp he has. Manufacturer/model. It's not unreasonable to add amplification if you're going full blown with 11.2. That's a lot of speakers for an avr by itself.
he agreed to meet me at his home one day to hear the speakers for my self .. but unfortunately I am working double shifts now at work for it is the peak of the season for the company.. I might give him a visit at the end of the month though and then I will ask about every piece of equipment he offer to my system..

but overall.. I still have my doubt for you guys really encouraged me to go with SVS ... finally I made up my mind .. but now .. It's like starting all over again :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
he agreed to meet me at his home one day to hear the speakers for my self .. but unfortunately I am working double shifts now at work for it is the peak of the season for the company.. I might give him a visit at the end of the month though and then I will ask about every piece of equipment he offer to my system..

but overall.. I still have my doubt for you guys really encouraged me to go with SVS ... finally I made up my mind .. but now .. It's like starting all over again :)
That's okay. You're doing this intelligently by asking questions and avoiding possible trouble with the other guy.

In a sense you are starting over, but you still have your money and didn't spend it on garbage. I'm convinced Atlantic Tech make good speakers from the comments I'm seeing on them. These guys are the ones who told me about SVS. You can trust them.

And yes, when you get with him to listen to his system (a very good idea) find out exactly what he has for you. Him recommending a separate 5 channel amp for an 11.2 setup is not bad advice. That's a lot of speakers for an avr by itself. I like that he is inviting you to his home to audition the speakers. It projects confidence and honesty to me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

SVS here vs abroad can be a very different experience; doesn't speak very well as to SVS' choice of international partners, and more than once that I've read about. Are you sure you have good reliable info on SVS' partner there, though?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Hey guys
Back again

Something wierd happened to my system the speakers turn on and off by themselves and I don’t know why.. any ideas? It happened approximately after I updated the firmware for the avr

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis