Wonder Woman June 2, 2017

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm all over it. WW was one of the things that helped make Superman v Batman watchable for me.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I'm all over it. WW was one of the things that helped make Superman v Batman watchable for me.
Actually the word is that it is very similar to Batman vs. Superman and that the story is not good and the movie didn't test as well as expected. Don't get me wrong I will see it, but I don't have high expectations on this one.

At least Joss Wheton is taking over the helm for Justice League so hopefully things will get better. I hope I am wrong

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually the word is that it is very similar to Batman vs. Superman and that the story is not good and the movie didn't test as well as expected. Don't get me wrong I will see it, but I don't have high expectations on this one.

At least Joss Wheton is taking over the helm for Justice League so hopefully things will get better. I hope I am wrong
Maybe these trailers are the best parts of the movie, but it's hard not to get pumped watching them. She's a straight badass. As far as story, it looks pretty true to her actual origin story. Everything in the clips I've seen fits. We'll see. I don't expect a masterpiece, but the action looks pretty awesome.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe these trailers are the best parts of the movie, but it's hard not to get pumped watching them. She's a straight badass. As far as story, it looks pretty true to her actual origin story. Everything in the clips I've seen fits. We'll see. I don't expect a masterpiece, but the action looks pretty awesome.
Pogre
The lady that stars in the WW character did a stint on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon. She dropped the "F" bomb when she was describing her reaction to winning the part. That alone ought to make her right for the movie.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pogre
The lady that stars in the WW character did a stint on the tonight show with Jimmy Fallon. She dropped the "F" bomb when she was describing her reaction to winning the part. That alone ought to make her right for the movie.
Her name is Gal Godot.....Gisele from FF movies. Love!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can think of other things I'd like her to do but getting my ass kicked isn't one of them :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gal is certainly beautiful no doubt. Some of the hotties on the new BAYWATCH movie looks quite hot too if I do say so myself. :):):) I admit that I have watched the trailer a few too many times........LOL!!! Just wished I could slow it down and zoom in! :eek::eek::eek:

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uh, what else would Baywatch be without babes? That's pretty much all it has going for it.

Gizmodo review of WW said it was good.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Rotten Tomatoes gave it 97%, so maybe they did some work on it I will find out Thursday

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's a pretty good score on Rotten Tomatoes! I saw some of the Chris Pine promo visits on talk shows and the scenes they showed with him had me wondering if he was the right guy, but she looked awesome....looking forward to a bluray rental for this one....don't think its worth the long drive in any case.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's a really good rating for rotten tomatoes!

I don't have a long drive at all. I'm definitely going. The series of trailers in the video I linked above sealed that deal for me before I finished watching them. I was huge into comic books into my early teens. I still catch up once in a while online and read about the changes, different universes, time lines and primary continuities.

In the comics her strength and durability rivals the man himself, Superman. Her sword can even cut him (she managed to cut Doomsday in the movie). She was made from clay and magic and all of her weapons and armor are enchanted items, each from a different god (Greek/Roman mythology... sorta). I'm guessing for this origin movie that she hasn't come close to realizing her true potential.

I'm pretty sure some of her origin story was retconned in the primary continuity, they dropped the clay thing and now her father is Zeus or something...

Wow. That was a whole lot of nerd there... :rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Isn't she Amazonian? Wouldn't her mother be of more interest? Why do male gods have much to do with it? :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Isn't she Amazonian? Wouldn't her mother be of more interest? Why do male gods have much to do with it? :)
You're right. Her mother is Hyppolyta, queen of the Amazons. I guess she's hot and Zeus banged her. A lot of the gods from Greek mythology had children with mortals. Hercules, Achilles, Gilgamesh, etc. are all half human.

Zeus
is a fictional deity in the DC Comics universe, an interpretation of Zeus from Greek mythology. His appearances are most significant in stories of Wonder Woman (Princess Diana). With the 2011 relaunch of DC Comics dubbed The New 52, Zeus has received a prominent role in the Wonder Woman mythos, as he is now the biological father of Wonder Woman through Hippolyta.

You made me do a little digging to make sure I wasn't full of... excrement, lol. I was pretty close.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're right. Her mother is Hyppolyta, queen of the Amazons. I guess she's hot and Zeus banged her. A lot of the gods from Greek mythology had children with mortals. Hercules, Achilles, Gilgamesh, etc. are all half human.

Zeus
is a fictional deity in the DC Comics universe, an interpretation of Zeus from Greek mythology. His appearances are most significant in stories of Wonder Woman (Princess Diana). With the 2011 relaunch of DC Comics dubbed The New 52, Zeus has received a prominent role in the Wonder Woman mythos, as he is now the biological father of Wonder Woman through Hippolyta.

You made me do a little digging to make sure I wasn't full of... excrement, lol. I was pretty close.
LOL I have no idea of the actual proposed background, just knew that she was amazonian (from the clips, not a comics guy) and needling ya a bit since it's about a woman superhero and all that :) Zeus apparently was a pretty horny mofo, tho.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rotten Tomatoes EARLY reactions aren't always something good to go by. They tend to be better because the early crowds WANTED to see it. Batman Vs. Superman had higher scores early on...then dropped like a rock. Same thing when we went to see the prerelease version of Suicide Squad - the audience reaction was VASTLY different. There were people in the audience who thought it was great and I was thinking "Did we watch the same movie?" it was mildly entertaining but the story was idiotic.

The consensus about this one though seems to be positive.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis