Archeer A320 2.1 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for a great portable Bluetooth speaker that looks as good as it sounds? We did a full test on the Archeer A320 2.1 channel portable Bluetooth speaker and were impressed by the incredible amounts of low end bass from this little unit.

With a beautiful bamboo finish and easy connectivity the A320 is a no brainer, especially at their limited time pricing of $79.99. It's rare that we say this, but this deal is unbeatable!

Read: Archeer A320 2.1 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Where is the line drawn between a "preview" and a "review"?

I wouldn't mind an attractive portable speaker with good sound.

I appreciate that Tony did actually have the speaker and listen to it, but the absence of technical information is shocking!
I just finished reading this review and it doesn't even state the diameter of the drivers!!!

Back in the day, it was a sure thing that AH would disassemble a speaker (or give good reason why they didn't) giving pictures and info on the drivers and crossovers.
Even simply using a tape measure and stating the diameter of the driver with surround would be useful!

I had enough interest in this to do some leg work and attempt to flesh out the info provided here. Since I did the work, might as well share it.

Knowing the housing is 9.8" long and using the photo below, I would guesstimate we are looking at a 3" "subwoofer" and 1.5" "full-range drivers"

It is rated at 5 stars for both bass extension and bass accuracy.

The Energy Take system uses 3" woofers in a ported cabinet and rolls off around 100Hz, so that is probably what we are looking at here.

That is not terrible, many competitors like the JBL flip use 40mm or 1.575" drivers!

At three stars for treble smoothness and midrange accuracy, I would guess the Flip which I own has better sound. I would like to get more bass, but not at the expense of the mid and high frequencies.

H

HTLuver

Audiophyte
I went and bought this because of this review. I am very pleased with the product. I like my sound to be a little bass heavy and this does just that. One con is you can't play it while it charges.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Where is the line drawn between a "preview" and a "review"?

I wouldn't mind an attractive portable speaker with good sound.

I appreciate that Tony did actually have the speaker and listen to it, but the absence of technical information is shocking!
I just finished reading this review and it doesn't even state the diameter of the drivers!!!

Back in the day, it was a sure thing that AH would disassemble a speaker (or give good reason why they didn't) giving pictures and info on the drivers and crossovers.
Even simply using a tape measure and stating the diameter of the driver with surround would be useful!

I had enough interest in this to do some leg work and attempt to flesh out the info provided here. Since I did the work, might as well share it.

Knowing the housing is 9.8" long and using the photo below, I would guesstimate we are looking at a 3" "subwoofer" and 1.5" "full-range drivers"

It is rated at 5 stars for both bass extension and bass accuracy.

The Energy Take system uses 3" woofers in a ported cabinet and rolls off around 100Hz, so that is probably what we are looking at here.

That is not terrible, many competitors like the JBL flip use 40mm or 1.575" drivers!

At three stars for treble smoothness and midrange accuracy, I would guess the Flip which I own has better sound. I would like to get more bass, but not at the expense of the mid and high frequencies.
It's a $79 product! I thought he did mention the size of the drivers but I will ask him to add it in since he still has the product.

S

smunz

Audiophyte
I measured the Archeer A320. The drivers are 1.5" each and the woofer is 4.25", but I'm checking with Archeer for comformation.

Tony

K

kevinopar

Audiophyte
Since the speaker is ported... If EQing can't be done at the audio source, one could possibly try stuffing the port with materials/objects of different density or porosity. I don't know if Archeer would recommend it though

I don't own the unit, but am thinking about purchasing one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis