Denon/Marantz Audyssey MultEQ Editor App Allows Full Customization of Sound

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm itching to get a new receiver and have the money for one, but I'm gonna wait for a price drop this fall to save some dough on a newer unit with this feature. Currently watching the Denon X4300W.
$799 is the right price for the X4300. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
$1099 right now at AC4L. I'm tempted to just get the 4200, but I want to play with the new editor app. If not for that I'd already have the 4200.
Check out the Marantz 6011. Should have the exact same features for a bit less. Not sure how much less, but at least $100+

EDIT: Yep. They have it for $899

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Check out the Marantz 6011. Should have the exact same features for a bit less. Not sure how much less, but at least $100+

EDIT: Yep. They have it for $899
Ohh... really! That's so close! I'm gonna check it out right now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ticks off all the right boxes. How about the editor app? That box is missing a ✓.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Ticks off all the right boxes. How about the editor app? That box is missing a ✓.
If you look at Gene's original post, Audyssey confirms that the editor is available for the SR6011.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW I'm going to. Not today, but as soon as I make sure I won't be too poor, and after I get the front 3 for my theater.
A couple of weeks and I'll have the money. I'll keep an eye on the 4300 during that time too and see if there's a price drop. I could put it on a card right now, but I'd rather have the money on hand. If I start seeing "limited supply" or "one left" though I'm pulling the trigger.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just recently bought a new Denon X3300 myself. Also bought me a new 8" android tablet so that I could use this new app. Did not know it costs $20 though. But, no worries. Waiting for my new case to get here from China! Once cabling is here I hope to be up and running soon thereafter. It is a lot of work, but worth it all in the end! :):):)

Phil

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I just recently bought a new Denon X3300 myself. Also bought me a new 8" android tablet so that I could use this new app. Did not know it costs $20 though. But, no worries. Waiting for my new case to get here from China! Once cabling is here I hope to be up and running soon thereafter. It is a lot of work, but worth it all in the end! :):):)

Phil
Me neither, thanks for telling us. Pay option for something like this is actually a good thing, otherwise they would have to cut cost somewhere else. We already know a lot of audioholics and audiophiles don't believe or like Audyssey anyway so why force them to pay for features they don't need and even hate..

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Me neither, thanks for telling us. Pay option for something like this is actually a good thing, otherwise they would have to cut cost somewhere else. We already know a lot of audioholics and audiophiles don't believe or like Audyssey anyway so why force them to pay for features they don't need and even hate..
Oh well $20 is nothing to stress about. I will pay it as soon as I get around to it. Have company coming in all weekend. Both of my Grandsons will be here so I will have my hands full. I much prefer Audyssey to all of the others. :):):)

Phil

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I'm itching to get a new receiver and have the money for one, but I'm gonna wait for a price drop this fall to save some dough on a newer unit with this feature. Currently watching the Denon X4300W.
I gotta keep my front wides, I am stubbornly sticking with it because so many movies sound better with them... but I want that damn app too!

Frack......

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
@Pogre the app can let you have Audyssey concentrate on the subs, as many don't like what it does with upper frequencies; you could conceivably do the same with a minidsp but the combination may well do better....would like one of the x300 series avrs to play with this app!
The disadvantage with this new Audyssey feature is that, if you don't already use an IPad or an Android device, it means an additional monthly service expense plus the cost of purchasing the wireless device. I don't buy the idea and prefer to stay with the analog EQs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The disadvantage with this new Audyssey feature is that, if you don't already use an IPad or an Android device, it means an additional monthly service expense plus the cost of purchasing the wireless device. I don't buy the idea and prefer to stay with the analog EQs.
There is that angle of course, but I thought I was the last one who didn't have either an ipad or android device a few years ago when I finally gave in and joined in. I use my android phone more for music management and several other things than just communications now....my Denon is too old to take advantage in any case, but I wouldn't need to do anything but buy the app if I did go that way with a new unit....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Based on post#35, D&M can do it if they choose to.

@ADTG, please get the petition started, I elect you because I trust you know how to write in very convincing forceful way.

A

Antti

Audiophyte
I have run a few rounds with the App. My setup is slightly complex since I have two 18" DIY Subs which need to be DSP:d before running Multieq.
First impressions:
The app brings customization to a price point never seen before.
There's still a lot of stuff improve on
- Fairly buggy but it gets the job done
- I like a curve that increases 1dB per octave going lower. Target curve customization is politely said clumsy even on a 13" Ipad Pro.
- The App will change your speaker size settings and crossovers. They cannot be touched in the App but must be corrected in the AVR
- Documentation is thin to non existent
Even with these limitations I am seeing positive results in sound quality and believe in the future potential of the App. I haven't yet had the time to do a more extensive listening tests and REW measurements.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis