j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Oh man, honestly one of the most amazing shows I've been to. Sound was incredible. Stage pretty much blew me away (that is a screen, not projection). Set was awesome. My first time seeing a concert at this venue, which happens to be just about 2 miles from my work; we sometimes walk over there and back at lunch. Really, really great show.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Setlist for this show. There was an article in the newspaper where the city council was arguing with the stadium because they knew the show already planned to break the noise curfew...which they did; by an hour :) So they cut the final encore song I will follow.

“Sunday Bloody Sunday” / “New Year’s Day” / “A Sort of Homecoming” / “Bad” / “Pride (In the Name of Love)” / “Where the Streets Have No Name” / “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” / “With or Without You” / “Bullet the Blue Sky” / “Running to Stand Still” / “Red Hill Mining Town” / “In God’s Country” / “Trip Through Your Wires” / “One Tree Hill” / “Exit” / “Mothers of the Disappeared” / “Beautiful Day” / “Elevation” / “Ultraviolet (Light My Way)” / “One” / “Miss Sarajevo” / “The Little Things That You Give Away”

I enjoyed this one.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
John, I heard something on the radio about the Joshua Tree today on my way home from a doctor appointment. I think that U2 is coming here to my area. If they are w/o a doubt I will have to go see them! Elton John is coming November 11th! Might be the last chance that I ever get to see him.

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmm seems the stadium had some issues http://www.pressdemocrat.com/entertainment/7007588-181/u2-concert-in-santa-clara?ref=menu&artslide=0

I saw them a while back....at the US Festival in 1983 :)

Here ya go, Phil http://www.u2.com/tour/index/tour/id/79
Thanks Chris. It looks like the closest U2 is coming to my area is in Louisville, KY on Jun 16th. Tickets start at $42. Not bad really. May have to make this one. Elton John tickets go on sale tomorrow here locally. Would love to see both shows. :):):)

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm seems the stadium had some issues http://www.pressdemocrat.com/entertainment/7007588-181/u2-concert-in-santa-clara?ref=menu&artslide=0

I saw them a while back....at the US Festival in 1983 :)

Here ya go, Phil http://www.u2.com/tour/index/tour/id/79
On one of the first songs, it appeared that the Mic died too. Bono played it off very well by getting the crowd to sing. Lines were insanely long for everything, so we separated and hit various lines at the same time. Venue should have been able to handle an event like this, I mean the Superbowl was held there, so they know what an even bigger event looks like. In their defense, it was 60K people. Superbowl was ~75K people BUT is managed by the Superbowl Host Committee. For the price of the event, I think the expectation was that it would have run a lot smoother, but the show was great.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
On one of the first songs, it appeared that the Mic died too. Bono played it off very well by getting the crowd to sing. Lines were insanely long for everything, so we separated and hit various lines at the same time. Venue should have been able to handle an event like this, I mean the Superbowl was held there, so they know what an even bigger event looks like. In their defense, it was 60K people. Superbowl was ~75K people BUT is managed by the Superbowl Host Committee. For the price of the event, I think the expectation was that it would have run a lot smoother, but the show was great.
Probably more due the event promoter than the football side of things for the poor preparations. Heck every game still gets 60k, or have the niners screwed up even more than I think? I used to work fairly close to the Levi stadium, during construction, but it wasn't operating by the time I moved so haven't even been to a game there.

They actually made the place sound good, though? I haven't been to a sports stadium concert in a very long time, the audio was always a bit disappointing.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Probably more due the event promoter than the football side of things for the poor preparations. Heck every game still gets 60k, or have the niners screwed up even more than I think? I used to work fairly close to the Levi stadium, during construction, but it wasn't operating by the time I moved so haven't even been to a game there.

They actually made the place sound good, though? I haven't been to a sports stadium concert in a very long time, the audio was always a bit disappointing.
Yes, the audio was surprisingly good for an outdoor show. 9ers do still pull in big crowds regardless of how they're doing.

Lines outside being long is the fault of the fans too, not just the stadium. There are MORE than enough ways in but people went to only the gates on one side. When we walked around to the parking lot side we walked right in with no wait.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Joshua Tree was a Great album, i enjoyed it a lot. Used to listen to "In God's Country" all the time. Remember playing in a band in the eighties and gave one off our female singers a lift down to Canberra in Australia and i played it to her and she loved it.Wow what a gig.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis