Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The woofer is what benefits from the external amp, I'd done a side by side with one speaker connected to a 4520 and the other with the amp. Bass was the most audible difference. The DAC's in the Yamaha are the finest I've heard, there is a noticeable fidelity increase. Whenever the day comes for the 'ultimate', I see the value in something like the CX preamp, it has the upgraded DAC on each channel, not just the front like the 3060. But I'm a long way from upgrading my surrounds.

I haven't tried YPAO, I prefer manual setup. Just been enjoying the Phil's in stereo lately, and yeah pure direct sounds nice!
You're familiar with the 4520! You might be able to help me with some questions.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
You're familiar with the 4520! You might be able to help me with some questions.
I see the 2060 on sale @ Joe's AV for $700. They have some sort of time based algorithm for their sale prices so you may see a different one (morning seems to be lowest prices), but I have used them before and while you get nothing in customer service, your order will arrive within 2 weeks. Didn't get the shipping info till the day it arrived, but it arrived!

I think the 4520 is officially too outdated to even be considered an option, if you keep 'future proofing' as one of your requirements. The 2060 has the preouts, HDCP 2.2, and HDR.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I see the 2060 on sale @ Joe's AV for $700. They have some sort of time based algorithm for their sale prices so you may see a different one (morning seems to be lowest prices), but I have used them before and while you get nothing in customer service, your order will arrive within 2 weeks. Didn't get the shipping info till the day it arrived, but it arrived!

I think the 4520 is officially too outdated to even be considered an option, if you keep 'future proofing' as one of your requirements. The 2060 has the preouts, HDCP 2.2, and HDR.
My only concern as far as future proofing would be along the lines of, I'd hate to rent a Blu Ray (even a 1080p Blu Ray) someday and not be able to watch it. I'm positive there are workarounds, but I'm not familiar with any of them. My Blu Ray player is my Xbox 1S and it has 1 HDMI input and 1 HDMI out. I'll attach a pic of the back of it showing all the connections.

I REALLY like the 4520. From what I gather the build quality is fantastic and this was the flagship receiver for Denon when it was new, but might be just one step away from the modern connectivity I'd like. I still don't know if the 4520 will be able to pass a 4k signal through to the monitor, though I can live with 1080p. 4k is no longer a major requirement for me. I prefer better sound over better picture.

I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot and find I'm not able to watch/listen to protected content. I'm more partial to Denon over Yamaha for Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and I've owned Denon for a couple of generations now. The X4200W is also a consideration for HDCP 2.2, preouts and HDR. I can get either for the same price ($799).

Attachments

Z

z71sierraslt

Audioholic Intern
I am thinking about purchasing a Yamaha RX-A3060 Receiver to run my 7.2.4 speakers (with an external amp). All of my speakers are 8 Ohms except for one rear height set, they are 6 Ohm speakers.
The manual says to set the receiver to 6 Ohms, but will it hinder the 8 Ohms speakers?
Meaning, will it not send enough power to efficiently run the 8 Ohm Speakers?

So would it be ok to set it at 8 Ohms? (Would that hurt the Receiver?)
Or just do it at 6 Ohms as the manual says?

Front: Klipsch RF-82 II
Center: Klipsch RC-62
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-52
Surround Back: Klipsch RP-140SA

Front Height: Yamaha NS-IW280C
Back Height: NS-IW470 (6 Ohm Speakers)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am thinking about purchasing a Yamaha RX-A3060 Receiver to run my 7.2.4 speakers (with an external amp). All of my speakers are 8 Ohms except for one rear height set, they are 6 Ohm speakers.
The manual says to set the receiver to 6 Ohms, but will it hinder the 8 Ohms speakers?
Meaning, will it not send enough power to efficiently run the 8 Ohm Speakers?

So would it be ok to set it at 8 Ohms? (Would that hurt the Receiver?)
Or just do it at 6 Ohms as the manual says?

Front: Klipsch RF-82 II
Center: Klipsch RC-62
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-52
Surround Back: Klipsch RP-140SA

Front Height: Yamaha NS-IW280C
Back Height: NS-IW470 (6 Ohm Speakers)
Just leave it at the 8ohm setting is the general recommendation....there's an article here on Audioholics that explains why if you srarch a bit....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis