What are you watching tonight?

T

Tankman

Audioholic
No films to watch or listen too this weekend they where all near field junk that ended up in the cat litter.

You have a valid point, I to have found some of the Blu ray moves have a lack mixing. When I look for Blu ray moves it is of one the main reason for buying it the sound track! The only thing I can come up with is the sound engineer, engineering the soundtrack for the movies. Yep your right many are lacking with the money paid for. It is why I posted on one of your post above "made my day" cause I to have taking notice of some of the crappy engineering on some of the Blu ray sound track's.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
You have a valid point, I to have found some of the Blu ray moves have a lack mixing. When I look for Blu ray moves it is of one the main reason for buying it the sound track! The only thing I can come up with is the sound engineer, engineering the soundtrack for the movies. Yep your right many are lacking with the money paid for. It is why I posted on one of your post above "made my day" cause I to have taking notice of some of the crappy engineering on some of the Blu ray sound track's.
Yep, keep listening. I think only few titles on bluray have a theatrical mix, the rest is just for these crummy soundbars or tiny speakers or common tv speakers.

More video to come of hollywood sound studios, bluray DVD HD-DVD near field heading for the cat litter.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Oliver Stone's History of America.... some really interesting stuff there that debunks of what is taught in school as "history" As an example. There's an assertion that the two nukes dropped in Japan is what caused Japan to surrender earlier. That is incorrect. It was Russians advancing into Manchuria that forced the early surrender of Japan. The Japanese saw how the Russians alone broke the Nazis and were terrified that Japan would loose the northern part of their island. The Allies did open a western front but by the time that happened, the Russians were almost in Germany regaining everything the Germans took.

Then there is the whole political animal in post war Europe.... really interesting stuff.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oliver Stone's History of America.... some really interesting stuff there that debunks of what is taught in school as "history" As an example. There's an assertion that the two nukes dropped in Japan is what caused Japan to surrender earlier. That is incorrect. It was Russians advancing into Manchuria that forced the early surrender of Japan. The Japanese saw how the Russians alone broke the Nazis and were terrified that Japan would loose the northern part of their island. The Allies did open a western front but by the time that happened, the Russians were almost in Germany regaining everything the Germans took.

Then there is the whole political animal in post war Europe.... really interesting stuff.
That does look interesting. It's true that what we were taught in school wasn't quite the way things were. I remember celebrating Christopher Columbus as a hero in school. I now know that it was quite the opposite. He took slaves, tortured people, beat the natives and all kinds of other great things. Not exactly very heroic.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Watching "Genius" and "American Gods" - both excellent in their own ways

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I remember watching an interview with Robert McNamara where he talked about the war ending due to 100,000 people being killed in Tokyo by the US in one night (basically civilians being fire bombed). He said the nukes were a show to keep the Ruskies in check. It looked like the Tokyo thing weighed on him too. Imagine ... 100,000 people in one night. So a hitchhiker here and a hitchhiker there really shouldn't be that big a deal.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
2 excellent shows. I just watched Genius S01E04 last night.
Speaking of Genius, Johnny Flynn portraying young Einstein will soon be replaced by Geoffrey Rush (starting EP06, but Johnny is supposed to be in 10, so I assume there will be flashbacks of sorts)
who played absolutely wonderfully in little movie called The Best Offer (2013).
It's somewhat slow paced (some scenes I had to rewind, his visit to his private gallery) and I felt it was a bit predictable, but overall very pleasant and despite lack of hollywood FX or it's typical happy ending bs, I high recommend it. Get comfy, get your favorite beverage and prepare for over 2h of good filmmaking.
Whole heartily agree with Imdb - solid 8/10

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of Genius, Johnny Flynn portraying young Einstein will soon be replaced by Geoffrey Rush (starting EP06, but Johnny is supposed to be in 10, so I assume there will be flashbacks of sorts)
who played absolutely wonderfully in little movie called The Best Offer (2013).
It's somewhat slow paced (some scenes I had to rewind, his visit to his private gallery) and I felt it was a bit predictable, but overall very pleasant and despite lack of hollywood FX or it's typical happy ending bs, I high recommend it. Get comfy, get your favorite beverage and prepare for over 2h of good filmmaking.
Whole heartily agree with Imdb - solid 8/10
I'll check out "The Best Offer." Seems interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
American Gods S01E04
Genius 2017 S01E05
The White Princess S01E06

I enjoyed all 3.

T

Tankman

Audioholic
Platoon, on Blu ray.
Everybody Gotta Die sometime red.
and of course Passengers,
Not the best sci-fi move
But something about Jennifer Lawrence...umm oh yeah I remember now. Her and sofas!..lolo.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Free Fire
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158096/reference

Featuring Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders - If you haven't seen it, drop everything and go watch it)

Edit:
Never mind that stupid, stupid movie and 1.5h totally wasted. I can't believe Murphy agreed to play in it. Highly overrated. Peaky Blinders still awesome.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Free Fire
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158096/reference

Featuring Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders - If you haven't seen it, drop everything and go watch it)

Edit:
Never mind that stupid, stupid movie and 1.5h totally wasted. I can't believe Murphy agreed to play in it. Highly overrated. Peaky Blinders still awesome.
Good, I was going to watch "Free Fire", but now I will just delete it. :D

I still haven't seen Peaky Blinders S01-03.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis