Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I happen to have a cousin there who needs some help in looting a government bank account if only you would be able to send us $ to help liberate it. :rolleyes:
put a 11.2 set one the deal and I'm on :)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
The traditional letter/email offer tends to be a one way thing so don't get your hopes up! Are such offers as famous there as here?
they usually call us by phone to offer us a prized then they ask for money :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What brands would you consider?
I build any needed subs these days. If I did buy one I would consider JTR, Seaton, Funk, Deep Sea Sound, Hsu, Power Sound Audio, Rythmik, SVS....and likely none of those are available where you are.....maybe SVS as they have some overseas distributors.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I build any needed subs these days. If I did buy one I would consider JTR, Seaton, Funk, Deep Sea Sound, Hsu, Power Sound Audio, Rythmik, SVS....and likely none of those are available where you are.....maybe SVS as they have some overseas distributors.
Thanks.. I'll look into it

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I found a store in KSA around 4 hrs drive which is reasonable.. if I to go there which sub would you recommend for me to buy?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cool, let us know which models they carry, also curious how they're priced....here's their website if you haven't already looked www.svsound.com

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Cool, let us know which models they carry, also curious how they're priced....here's their website if you haven't already looked www.svsound.com
I've checked the website and tried to contact the store but they didn't reply.. if everything is available there what model should I consider? I am leaning towards the plus series but maybe its overpriced.. what do you think?

I am also starting to like the cylinder one .. it looks really cool
https://www.svsound.com/products/pc-2000

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've checked the website and tried to contact the store but they didn't reply.. if everything is available there what model should I consider? I am leaning towards the plus series but maybe its overpriced.. what do you think?

I am also starting to like the cylinder one .. it looks really cool
https://www.svsound.com/products/pc-2000
Remind me of the total volume of your room (and others open to it)....have you checked out the AH article on room volume? http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/subwoofer-room-size

Was wondering which form factor might appeal to you....I don't think you can really go wrong with any particular model, more about size/form factor and cost tolerance. The cylinders don't appeal to me particularly but someday I'll probably build one, even just for the heck of it.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Remind me of the total volume of your room (and others open to it)....have you checked out the AH article on room volume? http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/subwoofer-room-size

Was wondering which form factor might appeal to you....I don't think you can really go wrong with any particular model, more about size/form factor and cost tolerance. The cylinders don't appeal to me particularly but someday I'll probably build one, even just for the heck of it.
the room is approximately 14.75 x 23 foot (4.5 x 7 m)
My Room 1.jpg

This image here shows my configuration

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Can't calculate volume with only two dimensions....and is your room sealed from the other space by the doors indicated in the drawing?
I'd say the ceiling is around 8.2 foot (2.5m).. I keep the door of the room always closed but infant of the two open doors at the bottom of the image there is stair heading down for I live basically top of the building

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis