BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It still means black god, but to confuse matters he represents both light and darkness

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hopefully will be watching S01E03 tonight. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Hopefully will be watching S01E03 tonight. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Obvious spoilers: Shadow doesn't die, as agreed per loosing in checkers in last ep.
Actual mild spoiler:
Bank robbery is simple but amazingly awesome.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well age-wise I think I am. Unless we're talking maturity level... :p
Did i mentioned that show features scenes where a goddess consumes humans she having sex with and she's not using her mouth....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Did i mentioned that show features scenes where a goddess consumes humans she having sex with and she's not using her mouth....
Okay then. Sounds right up my alley. So, if she isn't a suck-ubus, what would one call her then?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Obvious spoilers: Shadow doesn't die, as agreed per loosing in checkers in last ep.
Actual mild spoiler:
Bank robbery is simple but amazingly awesome.
Definitely keeps on getting better and better. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay then. Sounds right up my alley. So, if she isn't a suck-ubus, what would one call her then?
There's also Shadow's wife's story before that speaking of sucking :)

ps Am keeping the Starz subscription until this series is complete at least....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There's also Shadow's wife's story before that speaking of sucking :)

ps Am keeping the Starz subscription until this series is complete at least....
This uninhibited R-rated show is definitely not for the faint of heart. :D

If you are easily offended by graphic violence or explicit sex (heterosexual and homosexual), do not watch this show. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This uninhibited R-rated show is definitely not for the faint of heart. :D

If you are easily offended by graphic violence or explicit sex (heterosexual and homosexual), do not watch this show. :D
R? Was thinking an x rating LOL. I can imagine for the prudish this would be a tough series to watch....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I watched the first ep. Not bad, though at first I wasn't sure. The first few minutes with the arrows and ensuing battle was almost cartoonish with the blood and gore. It looked like if a sword so much as touched someone they burst like a balloon full of red paint! I don't think the human body even holds that much blood. lol

That was pretty short lived though and I settled into the rest of it. I'm not complately sold yet, but I'll give it a few more episodes before I pass any judgement as this does have potential.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
usually first few minutes intended to give a bit of background in most obscure way as possible - not all gods were universally good

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished EP3. The show just getting better and better.
Maybe I spoke too soon. Imo EP4 takes rather deep dive in deep cold water of mediocrity. Yes, few scenes were decent enough, but overall a disapointment.
Other thoughts?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe I spoke too soon. Imo EP4 takes rather deep dive in deep cold water of mediocrity. Yes, few scenes were decent enough, but overall a disapointment.
Other thoughts?
I love E04.

It's probably not as bold, daring, and intense as E01-03, but I like the little "break" and the backstory. It explains why Laura did what she did, and we get to see the "old" HAPPY Shadow and understand why the "new" shadow is so apathetic.

For E04, they definitely reduced the graphic sex scenes compared to E01-03.

And now I know what Laura Moon is. The way she physically/literally sees Shadow Moon through her new-found vision/eyes is interesting. Not even the gods Thoth and Anubis appear the way Shadow appears visually.

Who is Shadow? Is he a powerful god who doesn't even know how special and powerful he is? Why does he appear the way he does in Laura's eyes? :D

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I love E04.

It's probably not as bold, daring, and intense as E01-03, but I like the little "break" and the backstory.

For E04, they definitely reduced the graphic sex scenes compared to E01-03.

And now I know what Laura Moon is. The way she physically/literally sees Shadow Moon through her new-found vision/eyes is interesting. Not even the gods Thoth and Anubis appear the way Shadow appears visually.

Who is Shadow? Is he a powerful god who doesn't even know how special and powerful he is? Why does he appear the way he does in Laura's eyes? :D
I didn't read the book, but I heard that this is first episode which wasn't in the book at all.

Great. An hour of backstory and zero mention of wth happened to lucky coin Shadow got from one very overgrown 3000 years old Leprechaun.
I agree, Laura's new vision aspect is mildly interesting, but only so much. Just like coin, there's much explanations to details of it, as you've mentioned above.

I don't care much of show's shock TV aspects (sex,gore, gay etc..) , but the wit of Mr. Wednesday and intensity and mystery of story line was attractive to. Mystery could be interesting. last episode breaking this mold was not much of mystery or wit.
I think the subject of comedy on that subject was much better explored in these movies (don't click on links unless you want spoilers)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/reference
and
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365748/reference

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis