RC-64 II vs Cohesive 893

Y

yonyz

Audioholic
Hi,

I found a good deal on a used RC-64 II, which brings it to the cost of the components of the 893 alone (wood not included), but I also read that the 893 trump everything in the Klipsch premiere line - is this true?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Hi,

I found a good deal on a used RC-64 II, which brings it to the cost of the components of the 893 alone (wood not included), but I also read that the 893 trump everything in the Klipsch premiere line - is this true?
I'm pretty pleased with my Cohesive 893 center channel. I haven't heard the Klipsch Premiere line, so I can't offer a comparison. I will say that the 893 is very large. If you click the Cohesive 893 link in my signature you can see how it dwarfs my bookshelf speakers. If you're limited on space, that's something to consider.

Y

yonyz

Audioholic
I'm pretty pleased with my Cohesive 893 center channel. I haven't heard the Klipsch Premiere line, so I can't offer a comparison. I will say that the 893 is very large. If you click the Cohesive 893 link in my signature you can see how it dwarfs my bookshelf speakers. If you're limited on space, that's something to consider.
I am limited in height, that's the main issue with the 893. The RC-64 II is far from small, but it's only 20cm high which will actually fit in my setup. I was thinking of building a new desk anyhow, though, since I want to make space for speaker stands, so I'd say that both are fine in terms of size.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's a serious center channel rojo. Nice build!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have heard the RC-64 II before a little bit, it didn't sound bad at the time. However, I am not a big fan of the design, the off-axis lobing patterns are probably an awful mess.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis