Delay in my system? please help

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
here's my bass cabinets and two horns that I can't fit right now the picture doesn't do these justice they are massive in size I'm 5'8 and reach the top of the second cabinet, bottom cabinet is 2 18's :)

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Wife Acceptance Factor. My wife lets me get away with a lot in our living room, but I keep things clean, neat and tidy. What I don't have is a mancave. That's pretty awesome. I'd love that.
Make no mistake if this was in my living room i'd be a dead man LOL

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
well guys I'm gonna keep this thread up for awhile in hopes someone comes along that has had this problem thanks for commenting!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
here's my bass cabinets and two horns that I can't fit right now the picture doesn't do these justice they are massive in size I'm 5'8 and reach the top of the second cabinet, bottom cabinet is 2 18's :)

Wow.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
well guys I'm gonna keep this thread up for awhile in hopes someone comes along that has had this problem thanks for commenting!
You need a different receiver, one with pre-outs. You need a single device to control the delays, rather than try and make two different systems work from a single source with a splitter.

Some units may have xlr outputs for the pre-amps, but you can buy an rca to xlr cable, too

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
You need a different receiver, one with pre-outs. You need a single device to control the delays, rather than try and make two different systems work from a single source with a splitter.

Some units may have xlr outputs for the pre-amps, but you can buy an rca to xlr cable, too
Do you have any suggestions?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have much as I just bought all of the theater equipment, it was too good of a deal to pass up, they have a warehouse slam full of this stuff. Would something like this work? I would just need rca to xlr?

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00YMN6FIM/ezvidtrack586-20
That Yamaha does have a full 7.2 set of pre-outs, so it may work. I'd shop at A4L for a receiver, this one would be more my selection (and costs less) http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx3300w/denon-avr-x3300w-7.2-ch-x-105-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Which amp do you have? There's a consideration for sufficient voltage output on the pre-outs.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
That Yamaha does have a full 7.2 set of pre-outs, so it may work. I'd shop at A4L for a receiver, this one would be more my selection (and costs less) http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx3300w/denon-avr-x3300w-7.2-ch-x-105-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Which amp do you have? There's a consideration for sufficient voltage output on the pre-outs.
I am running a qsc but the only pre outs I see are for the subwoofers? I think the problem when I started was I needed like a audio out? It probably has a lot to do with this amp being older and professional grade? I believe it's a qsc model 1400.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am running a qsc but the only pre outs I see are for the subwoofers? I think the problem when I started was I needed like a audio out? It probably has a lot to do with this amp being older and professional grade? I believe it's a qsc model 1400.
Your current avr only has a sub pre-out, you need a full set if you want the multi-ch audio hdmi offers. Pro amps often only have balanced inputs (xlr, 1/4"), some have unbalanced (rca) inputs like most avrs' pre-outs (some pre-pros and avrs have balanced pre-outs, tho).

The 1400 has a sensitivity of 1.0 volt so most avrs should work fine, but some Yamahas I believe have been measured here at AH to be on the light side....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You have professional gear which is hard to match with a lot of domestic equipment. What you really need, and should save up for, is a pre/pro that has balanced outputs. Then your trouble will be over and you will get the best out of that equipment. I would absolutely not buy a receiver.

What you need is something like this.

If you don't want to spend that much then an older used one is a good bet. Pre/pros generally have a much longer life that receivers, which are basically miserable pieces of equipment, especially in a situation like yours.

There is a very nice Marantz 8003 on eBay right now. It is one like I use in my main system. I bought mine in 2008. Actually this might be a better fit for you than a new one, as it is not bloated with features that should never be in a receiver or pre/pro. Also it does not have the useless Atmos.

I would not hesitate to put that used Marantz 8003 at the heart of your system, It will solve your problem elegantly and likely give many years of service.

I have zero plans to change mine.

highfigh

highfigh

Hello all! i have recently came into commercial hardware (local theater chain went out of business) I am wanting to use it with what I have currently in my home audio set up, once I got everything hooked up and going I noticed there was a delay of about 1-2 seconds, im thinking it is because my home audio is running digital and the other is going through analog.... so my home audio is a reciever two bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer all working great! what i got from the theater was 2 15 cabinets with horns mounted on top and an amp. after getting everything in place I figured out i wouldnt be able to run straight to my receiver, so in turn i bought a splitter and equalizer. i use the equalizer to control the sound from everything but once it was all done there is a terrible delay, has anyone ran into this problem? i know im being vague on key things i just cant remember names right now. im just trying to get it on paper and out my head because i cant figure this out.
In addition to the home receiver, what other electronic equipment is in the system when this delay occurs?

Make a list and show how it's connected.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

In addition to the home receiver, what other electronic equipment is in the system when this delay occurs?

If he drives his amps from the XLR outputs a pre/pro and goes HDMI out to his screen he will not have delay issues.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern

So here's how everything is hooked up coming from my Xbox one the hdmi is ran into the hdmi splitter from there it's splits the signal one to my receiver (hdmi) one to my tv (hdmi) and one to my Dbx via speaker inputs, from my Dbx I have ran xlr cables to my qsc amp which has my jbls hooked up via speaker cable.

So Xbox one splitter Dbx qsc amp receiver

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
If he drives his amps from the XLR outputs a pre/pro and goes HDMI out to his screen he will not have delay issues.
Will I need a receiver if I was to buy that one you showed me on eBay? To be honest I'm new to all of this and don't really have a full grasp on amp- pre amp and receiver.

I'm thinking I May have to sell/trade subwoofer and receiver to get one if that's the case

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Will I need a receiver if I was to buy that one you showed me on eBay? To be honest I'm new to all of this and don't really have a full grasp on amp- pre amp and receiver
Your problem is the HDMI splitter. That needs to go.

A receiver has pre/amp processor and power amps.

A pre/pro just has preamp and processor.

A pre/pro has the professional XLR outputs to connect to your pro equipment, a receiver does not. Since a pre/pro does not have power amps, which you don't need, it is much longer lasting and durable.

A pre/pro is the elegant and best solution to your problem.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
Your problem is the HDMI splitter. That needs to go.

A receiver has pre/amp processor and power amps.

A pre/pro just has preamp and processor.

A pre/pro has the professional XLR outputs to connect to your pro equipment, a receiver does not. Since a pre/pro does not have power amps, which you don't need, it is much longer lasting and durable.

A pre/pro is the elegant and best solution to your problem.
So just to be sure I'm in the clear to get rid of my receiver? I'm going to sell/trade my klipsch sub and denon receiver to get the money

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So just to be sure I'm in the clear to get rid of my receiver? I'm going to sell/trade my klipsch sub and denon receiver to get the money
Yes, get rid of that receiver. It can not do what you need.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis