Atmos overhead angle?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I've currently got a set of Klipsch rb-10 bookshelves mounted to my ceiling for a 5.1.2 setup, I'm trying to find a good compromise between even dispersion across all seats. I have two sofas sitting along the side walls, directly below the overhead speakers, and seating directly in the middle of the room between the two speakers, which is the mlp. Angling them towards the mlp puts them about 70 degrees off axis to the sofas, which is obviously not good. Angling them towards the sofa puts them about 40 degrees off axis to the mlp. What would you do in this situation?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'd focus on the mlp. If someone wants to demo, give them the money seat. Almost 100% of my viewing/listening is done without guests, so when it's demo time, I let them have my seat. Obviously that might not work for for you. If it's important for you to give the side seats a good atmos presentation, you'll probably have to just compromise with the angle. That won't do much for either seats though so... being on the side wall will likely be too far off axis to do justice to the bed channels anyway so I'd just worry about the LP.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis