Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Phil
We saw Aerosmith last year at the MGM Grand in a private event concert. I was fearful at their advanced age (my advanced age) they would be old n slow. They did an outstanding show. As near as I can tell, they perform as well today as they ever have. I was sick as a dog that night but still enjoyed the show.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Man there's a lot of hair on this page....sigh, I remember when I had it too.

Some moar Hair

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Phil
We saw Aerosmith last year at the MGM Grand in a private event concert. I was fearful at their advanced age (my advanced age) they would be old n slow. They did an outstanding show. As near as I can tell, they perform as well today as they ever have. I was sick as a dog that night but still enjoyed the show.
That's awesome. It's good to hear they're still kicking ass.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Picked this cd up last week. It's growing on me. This one has some deep bass. I'm home alone and have it up to -15. My ears are popping!

Chevelle: Punchline

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Another cover of a great song and artist.

Metallica. Turn the Page

I love the original by Bob Seger. Great song.
I like the cover by Metallica even better. They kick it harder.
I like both of these for different reasons. Bobs version just has more essence, but metallicas hits harder as you said. One of my favorite covers is "Whiskey in the jar". It's based on ThinLizzy's version more than the folk version but it sounds awesome. As long as Metallica stays in the studio it's fine. But live, it's unbearable. Lars might as well stand behind his drums and throw handfuls of sticks at them. I'll leave my opinion at that.(I'm even a fan from way back and have seen them a few times). I wish James could fire Lars.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I like both of these for different reasons. Bobs version just has more essence, but metallicas hits harder as you said. One of my favorite covers is "Whiskey in the jar". It's based on ThinLizzy's version more than the folk version but it sounds awesome. As long as Metallica stays in the studio it's fine. But live, it's unbearable. Lars might as well stand behind his drums and throw handfuls of sticks at them. I'll leave my opinion at that.(I'm even a fan from way back and have seen them a few times). I wish James could fire Lars.
Wow, harsh! Though I have to admit I'm not that impressed with Lars' drumming either. He's pretty much one note. Not very dynamic. I read that he played tennis almost professionally and taught himself to play because they needed a drummer? I'm a little fuzzy on that one.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, harsh! Though I have to admit I'm not that impressed with Lars' drumming either. He's pretty much one note. Not very dynamic. I read that he played tennis almost professionally and taught himself to play because they needed a drummer? I'm a little fuzzy on that one.
I have lots to say on this but maybe later. Lol

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The Metallica, GnR, hair band era is when I made a U-turn back to the older classics and electric blues, and even into some country/bluegrass as an alternative. I was glad the guitar virtuoso scene with Satriani, Vai, Vaughn, Malmsteen etc happened along when it did. Or, pretty much anything without the inclusive, personal drama and temper tantrums. MTV, managed to close the door even further.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis