Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
How many 4K blu ray players are on the market now? and does Denon have one released yet.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There are quite a few, Sony, Samsung Panasonic, Oppo, Xbox One S all have models, just check out the google machine.

In my opinion, I would avoid Denon or Marantz players like the plague. (I had bad luck with my units). I would look at the Oppo 203 or Sony.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Ok thanks cos, that makes it easier to do some googling knowing what to look for and compare.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL thought you were having issues with your player from the title of "4k blurry players".

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok thanks cos, that makes it easier to do some googling knowing what to look for and compare.
I have yet to buy a 4k Blu Ray, but my Xbox one S is a great Blu Ray player and it didn't cost a fortune.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I have yet to buy a 4k Blu Ray, but my Xbox one S is a great Blu Ray player and it didn't cost a fortune.
I thought about this but already have a PS4 console.You have the best of both worlds with the Xbox.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I got the Xbox One S to serve as my combo gaming console and 4k player as I had done the same for regular blu ray with a PS3. But I found the Xbox's audio processing left a lot to be desired (for example could not bitstream even the higher quality surround formats (Dolby True HD, DTS-HD MA, etc.) let alone Atmos, DTS:X so I ended up getting the Samsung UBD-K8500 as well so now I have two 4k players. So far the Samsung is working pretty well I've no complaints.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got the Xbox One S to serve as my combo gaming console and 4k player as I had done the same for regular blu ray with a PS3. But I found the Xbox's audio processing left a lot to be desired (for example could not bitstream even the higher quality surround formats (Dolby True HD, DTS-HD MA, etc.) let alone Atmos, DTS:X so I ended up getting the Samsung UBD-K8500 as well so now I have two 4k players. So far the Samsung is working pretty well I've no complaints.
Pretty sure I just read somewhere that they're beta testing for the One S right now. Everything I've seen to date points to an update this year.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty sure I just read somewhere that they're beta testing for the One S right now. Everything I've seen to date points to an update this year.
Yeah I know better than to hold my breath for Microsoft lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I know better than to hold my breath for Microsoft lol
I kinda have to agree with you there, but if I'm right and they're beta testing it now they've gotta be getting close.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are quite a few, Sony, Samsung Panasonic, Oppo, Xbox One S all have models, just check out the google machine.

In my opinion, I would avoid Denon or Marantz players like the plague. (I had bad luck with my units). I would look at the Oppo 203 or Sony.
I've had bad luck with Samsung, in particular the (now discontinued) BD-F7500 blu-ray player. The one with the metal band around it, would run quite warm to the touch. Mine would sometimes skip. Unknown if that's been corrected in their current model BD-J7500, identical in appearance except the metal band is now black. Crutchfield has lowered the price by $20, that makes me think Samsung maybe coming out with another replacement and/or the current one is not selling well.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I've had bad luck with Samsung, in particular the (now discontinued) BD-F7500 blu-ray player. The one with the metal band around it, would run quite warm to the touch. Mine would sometimes skip. Unknown if that's been corrected in their current model BD-J7500, identical in appearance except the metal band is now black. Crutchfield has lowered the price by $20, that makes me think Samsung maybe coming out with another replacement and/or the current one is not selling well.
There is another announced Samsung 4k Blu-Ray player, I was just reading it somewhere.

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
Well I have a few good tvs, Samsung KS9500 and JS9000. I've owned the Sammy bdp8500 the Xbox One S and currrently have the Oppo203. I've spent a little time with the Panasonic player but never bought it. All I can say is that the performance for 4k movies on the xbox one S is extremely poor. The Oppo by far is the best player in terms of SQ and video quality. It literally supercharged my ks9500 to Sony Z9D levels. The OPPOs performance is extremely impressive. The Samsung for the money is also a great great choice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis