lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure I understand the question but I'll explain what I see and you can infer the answer from it I suppose. So, I'm looking at the PEQ curves when I go into the YPAO manual settings menu. It shows all the curves and EQ corrections applied for each channel individually. There is one for the sub whose frequency range is from 20 Hz to somewhere around 200Hz or so (I think, not at home to check right now). Anyway, it's just a standard EQ curve showing boosts and cuts and their relative Q values. For the sub, it shows a high boost of about 4-5 db with a medium Q up around the 130-140Hz area but that is well beyond my crossover value so not sure it's really doing anything at all. Everything below 80Hz is just flat and shows no correction has been applied at all.

Hopefully that answers your question.
So you ran YPAO, and looking immediately afterwards you can analyze what YPAO did in each frequency band? I haven't used YPAO but Audyssey doesn't provide you with any decent view as to what it actually did at each point; there's a rough graphic but you can't take any details/accuracy of what eq was applied from that graphic. That's why I was curious what graphic you were looking at and at whether that was from running YPAO or from you using the manual graphic eq (or is it a copy feature like some REQ programs offer as a starting point for manual graphic eq).

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
So you ran YPAO, and looking immediately afterwards you can analyze what YPAO did in each frequency band? I haven't used YPAO but Audyssey doesn't provide you with any decent view as to what it actually did at each point; there's a rough graphic but you can't take any details/accuracy of what eq was applied from that graphic. That's why I was curious what graphic you were looking at and at whether that was from running YPAO or from you using the manual graphic eq (or is it a copy feature like some REQ programs offer as a starting point for manual graphic eq).
Correct (Your last statement). YPAO generates three settings after running: flat, natural and Front. Flat is just what it implies, where YPAO tries to achieve a flat response in room by adjusting speaker settings. Natural is similar to flat except it tapers off the high frequency trims a bit more and maybe adds a little mid bass boost over the flat setting. Front just bypasses EQ altogether on the L/R mains but applies the EQ corrections to all the other channels.

Then there's two more selectable options: Through and Manual. Through keeps level and distance settings and bypasses EQ and RSC on all channels. Manual is the only one you can tweak EQ on, and allows you to data copy settings from either Flat, Natural or Front as a starting point if you wish or start from scratch and just EQ them all as you see fit.

I've found the best results by copying the natural settings to manual and then fine tuning to taste from there.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Oh and it copies the sub EQ as well. Which is where I'm seeing the boost above my crossover frequency but nothing below.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
What volume are you listening at?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
What volume are you listening at?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Usually around -13 to -15db. Rarely have a need to crank it any louder than this. It's pretty loud at that level but not any louder than I've normally watched movies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis