Is the difference worth it $500 vs $1200

J.D. Walker

J.D. Walker

Enthusiast
*** Hello Audioholics, I wanted to know if I should get the xpa gen 3 275 watts per rms. emotiva (3 channel) or the emotiva bass x (5 channel) 80 watts per rms.......I have svs ultra bookshelf speakers and an svs ultra center. Is there a big difference in what I'll hear between the 275-80 watts? I don't play at "reference" levels because of neighbors. THANK YOU! ***

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Since you don't play it loud, no, it is not worth the upgrade.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
If this is likely to be an infrequent "upgrade" to your system, no it's not worth it.
On the other hand, if this is just the beginning of an upgradeitis journey and you plan to invest thousands in your system, perhaps you should go ahead and get the beast.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You WILL hear a difference, but only in volume. So as mentioned, if you don't listen loud, then it isn't a major benefit. Do you feel you have an issue currently?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wait until you don't have neighbors to worry about bothering. If you're just using an avr now then that's probably sufficient, too.

J.D. Walker

J.D. Walker

Enthusiast
You WILL hear a difference, but only in volume. So as mentioned, if you don't listen loud, then it isn't a major benefit. Do you feel you have an issue currently?
I just didn't want to have expensive speakers and not get the full benefit of the sound. I'm new to this and want to avoid the snake oil....thanks for replying

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis