Subwoofer - Klipsch R-115-sw

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
$800 + Shipping (from DFW area). Brand new in box. Includes Klipsch WA-2 wireless adapter. I bought this and it does not meet WAF criteria. Brent Butterworth gave this sub a great review. I don't have any pics because it is still in it's shipping crate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another sub install killed by WAF....didn't matter that unpacked it would be smaller? :)

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Another sub install killed by WAF....didn't matter that unpacked it would be smaller? :)
I just couldn't close the deal on that one... thank you for your condolences!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have the ability to fit something under the sofa? Large spaces and small Subs equals big money

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Do you have the ability to fit something under the sofa? Large spaces and small Subs equals big money
I was thinking of building a down-firing sub into an ottoman. I'm new to DIY so I'm doing my homework right now.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure about budget, but you do have options. You can get furniture grade Subs that get the WAF taking care of or as suggested Subs that are hidden.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Not sure about budget, but you do have options. You can get furniture grade Subs that get the WAF taking care of or as suggested Subs that are hidden.
By hidden do you mean in-wall or you mentioned under a couch?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

The way I read that post, yes. Solutions like that aren't cheap though, nor are they usually easy. It was also suggested you can find subs with really nice finishes that could match your furniture and not look like a big ugly ogre in your living room. That would also raise the price significantly though. You're paying extra for aesthetics.

How big is your room? I had a pair of SB1000's . They're pretty small and easy to tuck somewhere out of the way. They sounded awesome. Silky smooth. 2 of those would be about the same as the one you're selling. They were just too small for my large room.

There are some more options on their outlet as well. The 2000 series are a step up, but not a whole lot bigger.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I also doubt the response of an ottoman sub wouldn't be that great. Near field benefits(maybe?) notwithstanding.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
As a former owner of several SVS, Paradigm, Velodyne, JL and DIY subs, I have to say that I am really pleased with my in-ceiling sub from RBH. It doesn't dig nearly as deep as most other subs that I have had but it's just pretty darn good if you have to have a sub that can't be seen at all.

The only issue I have noticed so far is since changing from Paradigm Studio 100"s to inceilings, I have to use a pretty high crossover so I do get some localization from the sub and I can tell that it is on the left side of my room. I am about 99% certain that a second one will be coming after we complete the home remodel project which should even things out.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Yes, if WAF is going to be in play. With a true budget we can try to give you a few options. The end table, under sofa ( longer than wider than taller route) in wall in ceiling, etc. Depends on room, walls , ceiling, and dollars.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@BriReeves629 Best luck with your sale. Please post the final selling price here or PM it to me.
I'm genuinely curious to know what it will be.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Yes, if WAF is going to be in play. With a true budget we can try to give you a few options. The end table, under sofa ( longer than wider than taller route) in wall in ceiling, etc. Depends on room, walls , ceiling, and dollars.
My budget is around $700.00.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
$800 + Shipping (from DFW area). Brand new in box. Includes Klipsch WA-2 wireless adapter. I bought this and it does not meet WAF criteria. Brent Butterworth gave this sub a great review. I don't have any pics because it is still in it's shipping crate.

That sucks so much! That sub does its job and then some.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis