Connect amp for rear speakers

K

Kyle0910

Audioholic Intern
Question in short: Sonos connect to preouts of receiver, Sonos connect amp to rear speakers and wireless rear speaker kit. Will that work? How well?

So I have been researching a bit and haven't found the answer. I did call a Sonos rep from a Best Buy store to verify and he gave me an answer but want to hear your opinions on it.

Right now I am sold on the idea of Sonos for multi room applications and want to integrate it into my system. To do so I would connect a Sonos connect to my receiver that way I can play all of my sources through my Sonos system throughout the house.

My question is, instead of using a terrible wireless rear speaker kit that only outputs 15 watts per channel, can I use a Sonos connect to the rear speaker preouts on my receiver, sending a signal for left and right to a Sonos connect amp to power two rear speakers I have?

Now I'm sure there will be some audio delay that I will have to compensate for at the receiver end and also no volume control on the receiver for rear speakers, I would have to use the Sonos app, but is it a good alternative to wireless rear speaker kit??

I would imagine it would plus it'll help me control volume of rear speakers pretty easily and adjust on the fly if a soundtrack is too low volume.

Don't worry about Price, I work for Magnolia and get a stupid discount on Audio gear (Sonos included).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you're using the pre-outs on an avr you would be able to control the volume at the avr. If the Sonos unit passes thru the two channels of signal then it should work in that respect; hopefully the additional delay isn't beyond the avr's ability to cope with during it's calibration routine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis