New guy here, with questions

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, understand the pain of long drives to audition, even new stuff for me is a several hour drive, have better selection used closer-in actually (only an hour drive :) ). Was just curious more if you had heard any of the speakers so far....or what speakers you do have experience with....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
LSis were good speakers but they really failed to deliver quality midrange deserving of the price category they were after. The LSiMs have improved there. I'd probably take the NHTs over the LSis.

Of course it has to be looked at in terms of the whole use case, but in general, LSis were short lived because the people buying them just for the Polk name more often than not destroyed them because they tried to hook them up to a typical receiver and then proceed to try to drive them at elevated levels. That equaled fried tweeters and the vifa tweeters were probably the most expensive component in there.
Of course it has to be looked at in terms of the whole use case, but in general, LSis were short lived because the people buying them just for the Polk name more often than not destroyed them because they tried to hook them up to a typical receiver and then proceed to try to drive them at elevated levels. That equaled fried tweeters and the vifa tweeters were probably the most expensive component in there.
Agree, I just missed your point about the ring tweeter, got too focussed on the 4 ohm thing..

J

Jfsounds

Audiophyte
I dont have any experience with any of these speakers. I just look on craigslist and lookup reviews when i find something i like. Right now i have a problem im trting to figure out. I picked up a b&w asw2000 and its not working properly. It powers on, and make noise when i touch the rca's but doesn't work with rca plugged in. Do i need a special kind of wires?

J

Jfsounds

Audiophyte
Ok well i got it working now, i had to play with the audio settings on the Marantz. I cant get it exactly the way i want it to sound. I currently have it on NEO:6 music for the highs i like but the bass is too muddy and not real consistent. To me the Marantz is a difficult reciever to set up, one minute it sounds good then the next its distorted. Idk i need a professional audiophile as my neighbor lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok well i got it working now, i had to play with the audio settings on the Marantz. I cant get it exactly the way i want it to sound. I currently have it on NEO:6 music for the highs i like but the bass is too muddy and not real consistent. To me the Marantz is a difficult reciever to set up, one minute it sounds good then the next its distorted. Idk i need a professional audiophile as my neighbor lol
People don't need to be next door if you explain a bit more about what you did to set up your sub, both the settings on the sub itself as well as in the receiver and what changes you did after setup, etc....

J

Jfsounds

Audiophyte
Lol that i know, i do appreciate you helping me here. Im not to sure what all the different settings do for sounds other than on some settings they wont drive the sub, i can make a video of me messing around with the marantz and sub settings post it to youtube to give a better idea of whats going on. Right now i got it working pretty decent, sounds pretty good for the most part. I just played around with different settings until it all sounded good. Some settings would give me good highs no bass, other settings would give me no highs all bass.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis