enough awg on my speaker cables?

zandzpider

zandzpider

Audiophyte
zandzpider

zandzpider

Audiophyte
paid 6 usd per meter.

thanks tho! maybe my worries will go away soon =)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suppose $2/ft isn't horrible as long as it's a short length. Why, though? Liked the aesthetic?

zandzpider

zandzpider

Audiophyte
was the only "true" white cable i found that i could pull over my new "stereo bench"

this picture is from when i just installed the new system so it's a lot cleaner now (altho, not complete)

Littlefoott

Littlefoott

Audioholic Intern
for speaker wire, think of it like breathing through a straw, to thin and they will struggle

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I just went to Home Depot and found their big wire rack that's full of spools of various types and gauges. Found a 12AWG two-conductor spool and cut to exactly the lengths I needed, plus a little extra length to give myself some flexibility on speaker placement. Dirt cheap and works flawlessly. I don't think I paid more than $5 on the lengths I needed for my fronts.

I'm probably running a bit too thin a gauge (14 gauge) for my surrounds given the distance. I had to feed the cables up through the wall and through a very small opening in a truss brace to route them through the attic and back down the wall behind the couch. But they were the only ones that would fit through that opening. But they don't take the brunt of the signal anyway so I've had no problems with it.

zandzpider

zandzpider

Audiophyte
from what i'm reading. i'm WELL within the 18awg maximum length.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis