Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
IMHO, Nordost is the Ferrari of cables. Make no mistake about that...............................
Well no.
Why? Because Ferrari represents good engineering practice.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Listening to Nordost.
You are listening cables? What kind of sound do they produce? Magnetic waves? You really don't realize what your posts look like? Yet you ignore all scientific proof for your claims or against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You are listening cables? What kind of sound do they produce? Magnetic waves? You really don't realize what your posts look like? Yet you ignore all scientific proof for your claims or against them.
"PEW, PEW" that's how taut cables sound when you whack them with a hammer.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Very well put. That is exactly the point and why we strive to shut down these type of threads.

hate to say it but, cables are a part of your system..
How many people have at least tried Audioquest and not liked the cables?
How many have tried Nordost?......

See the used cable forums. Nordost keeps it's value.
For a reason.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
AQ are known liars and have doctored results so why would you try them? I can poke myself in the eye too, but I know that's just as dumb. I'll save my energy. And money...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

For a reason.
I get violently ill near Audioquest products. Nordost makes me even more ill. They have no more value than what I can buy decent wire for from reputable sellers, which AQ and Nordost certainly are not.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall

For a reason.
There is nothing more to like in AQ or Nordost cables over regular OFC cable except looks. I don't see your point there. Cables are part of your system, you are right there, but there is no magic involved either. You say Nordost keeps its value, I would guess it is people selling those cables and trying to minimize their losses after they have realized that they have got fairy dust.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Why would anyone spend time with cables that don't follow best engineering practices?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Why would anyone spend time with cables that don't follow best engineering practices?
Because the ones I made are:

1. Functional
2. Relatively inexpensive
3. Look cool (to me)
4. Don't need any engineering, just assembly

jinjuku

jinjuku

For a reason.

Ok. Here is what I have coming:

Nordost Heimdall 2 Ethernet. 1 meter $700

I'm going to be able to A/B this to a 98 meter CAT5e cable that I terminated. Using JRiver I will be able to swap out the cable during playback and post the ADC tracks here.

I'm giving the Nordost every advantage: I'm using a cable that is 9800% longer, I'm using a cable that is ~220 times less expensive per foot.

I'll post two tracks with no more than 7 changes each. I'll let you know what cable I lead in with for the first 10 seconds and then after that 7 possible changes. Cable will be removed and either swapped or simply removed and plugged back in according to the roll of a dice.

You get 6 out of 7 on both tracks let me know where to donate $100 to a charity of your choosing. You don't get it then you donate $100 to a charity of my choosing.

Am I in any way being unfair to Nordost in this setup?

Last edited:
Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Because the ones I made are:
1. Functional
2. Relatively inexpensive
3. Look cool (to me)
4. Don't need any engineering, just assembly
All good reasons for skipping Audioquest and Nordost.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You get 6 out of 7 on both tracks let me know where to donate $100 to a charity of your choosing. You don't get it then you donate $100 to a charity of my choosing.

You are very generous indeed. With 7 trials you need all 7 correctly guessed. ;) :D

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Ok. Here is what I have coming:

Nordost Heimdall 2 Ethernet. 1 meter $700

I'm going to be able to A/B this to a 98 meter CAT5e cable that I terminated. Using JRiver I will be able to swap out the cable during playback and post the ADC tracks here.

I'm giving the Nordost every advantage: I'm using a cable that is 9800% longer, I'm using a cable that is ~220 times less expensive per foot.

I'll post two tracks with no more than 7 changes each. I'll let you know what cable I lead in with for the first 10 seconds and then after that 7 possible changes. Cable will be removed and either swapped or simply removed and plugged back in according to the roll of a dice.

My god man!
why would you ever run a 300' cable.
Ever hear of WiFi?

I bet the Nordost would win against your hand terminated 3' footer.
Even your 300 footer.
Just guessing on that one. Let me know.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis