Connecting the AVR-X4200W to an external amp

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
I'm considering hooking up my Denon AVR-X4200W to an Outlaw Audio Model 5000. I would use the Outlaw for the traditional 5 channel surround and the amp on the Denon for two height channels. Is this even possible with this receiver? I cannot figure that out from the manual.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Page 56 talks about "Example connection when using two sets of ceiling speakers".
It also shows the connection of an external amp to power the heights. The Denons are pretty flexible with amp assignment. What have you tried to do?

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
It also shows the connection of an external amp to power the heights. The Denons are pretty flexible with amp assignment. What have you tried to do?
I haven't done anything yet. I do not yet have the external amp. I wanted to make sure it was possible before I purchased. Thanks for your help in this.

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
I'm considering hooking up my Denon AVR-X4200W to an Outlaw Audio Model 5000. I would use the Outlaw for the traditional 5 channel surround and the amp on the Denon for two height channels. Is this even possible with this receiver? I cannot figure that out from the manual.
Yes. When you externally power the front left right speakers on the X4200/X6200 receivers you can then use their amps to power the height 2 speakers for a 5.1.4 setup(X4200) as they automatically amp assign to them once hooked to an outboard amp. Nice feature and nice external amp. I have that same one myself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis