Niles SSVC-2 problems

F

Fbmartin

Audiophyte
I have a Denon that is 10 yrs old. We have had a Niles SSVC-2 connected to run sound to A and B sets of speakers. This ran fine for several years. Then it started buzzing and shutting down the Denon. I am guessing that this was shorting so purchased a second one. It is doing the same. Please, I need help from some of you wizards out there.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Try disconnecting the speakers from the Niles and see what happens. If everything’s fine, then re-connect the speakers one at a time.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a Denon that is 10 yrs old. We have had a Niles SSVC-2 connected to run sound to A and B sets of speakers. This ran fine for several years. Then it started buzzing and shutting down the Denon. I am guessing that this was shorting so purchased a second one. It is doing the same. Please, I need help from some of you wizards out there.
Are you running A and B at the same time when it shuts down?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Are you running A and B at the same time when it shuts down?
It should not matter. That unit is impedance matching using auto transformers.

I don't understand what the buzzing is about, unless the Denon has failed and there is some DC off set. I have a feeling the old Denon has gone south.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I don't understand what the buzzing is about, unless the Denon has failed and there is some DC off set. I have a feeling the old Denon has gone south.
OK, thanks for the insight, I didn't look up the info.

F

Fbmartin

Audiophyte
this could be, the Denon is rather old. Any way to check this before sending it to the happy hunting ground?

F

Fbmartin

Audiophyte
Try disconnecting the speakers from the Niles and see what happens. If everything’s fine, then re-connect the speakers one at a time.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Did that and still "buzzing". Shuts off the amp after a few minutes.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Did that and still "buzzing". Shuts off the amp after a few minutes.
I suspect the Denon is toast. What happens if you connect a set of speakers without the Niles unit?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I am guessing that this was shorting so purchased a second one. It is doing the same.

It's not clear, what unit is the "second one" that you purchased???

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis