Is the Integra DTC 9.8 too outdated for a 7.1 setup?

T

Tommy Williams Jr

Audiophyte
I just bought my first separates amplifiers and want a pre/pro primarily for 7.1 surround. My primary focus is just having 7.1 capability using HDMI rather than all the other bells and whistles like network streaming. I'll upgrade to Atmos in the future when those units come down in price. Would this be a good purchase for $250?

Thanks!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
First would need to know what HDMI your other devices have, mainly the display. If it is newer than the receiver, then it may or may not give you what you need and may not even handshake worst case.

T

Tommy Williams Jr

Audiophyte
First would need to know what HDMI your other devices have, mainly the display. If it is newer than the receiver, then it may or may not give you what you need and may not even handshake worst case.
I have a Vizio HDTV...no 3D. My dvdplayer is an OPPO 970 (i think...i'm at work now). My other connection is my HTPC and that's it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you intend to link to a particular pre-pro or avr that you found for $250?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi! Yes...It's a used DTC 9.8 I'm considering buying.
LOL forgot about the title of your thread. As long as it has the functionality/connectivity you need for now seems like a good way to go for $250. Be warned though of the issues Onkyo/Integra had with hdmi/network board issues for some of their older units, though (not sure if this one was from that range or not).

T

Tommy Williams Jr

Audiophyte
LOL forgot about the title of your thread. As long as it has the functionality/connectivity you need for now seems like a good way to go for $250. Be warned though of the issues Onkyo/Integra had with hdmi/network board issues for some of their older units, though (not sure if this one was from that range or not).
No worries! Thanks for the heads about the HDMI/network boards...I'll research that and see if there's a history of that. I appreciate it!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think the Integra line had quite as many issues despite being Onkyo, but I'd avoid anything from the last few years. I'd honestly look for something Denon or Marantz used. Accessories for less has Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon and Marantz refurbs and are an authorized dealer for all of them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis