Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Jordison or Weinberg? I like Sam too(chevelle)
I would say Weinberg. Jordison is great in his own way, but he doesn't play very subtly or nuanced. I also like Sam quite a bit. Reminds me of Danny Carey. Between the 3 though I think Weinberg has the edge.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Garcia, I can't like that one enough. It's currently my favorite Tool song.

Korn: Ball Tongue

Some deep bass drops in that one. I'm gonna be cranking it a little later today...

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
OK, the metalheads are getting too much ink. Time to switch it up.
Pogre, here's a 53 year old tune brought back to life just this last week.
Bass guitar the old fashioned way : the standup big butt, low and slow stringed bass.
Vocals by a pretty blond, the way the good Lord intended. :)

If you don't mind a 10 second introduction by Stephen Colbert and 20 seconds of slow intro, this piece is pretty tasty. It should serve as a nice pallette cleanser between Tool and other head bangers.

Alison Kraus. I Never Cared for You. February 17, 2017 on Colbert.

Try that stringed bass on your new double sub setup. Lets see what those two twin thumpers do with music instead of car crashes and explosions.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I'm a sucker for keys and a good bass line. I grew up with piano and had the pleasure of knowing some extraordinary players. Many who weren't known at all and should have been. Sometimes, like horns, just gotta have it. I grew up with rock and metal too, mostly. Instantly hooked the first time I heard ZZ top. Still, I am fortunate to go off the beaten path, having figured out years ago that there is enough time, provided we live long enough, for all music, rather than be subjected to a life of repeats.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
OK, the metalheads are getting too much ink. Time to switch it up.
Pogre, here's a 53 year old tune brought back to life just this last week.
Bass guitar the old fashioned way : the standup big butt, low and slow stringed bass.
Vocals by a pretty blond, the way the good Lord intended. :)

If you don't mind a 10 second introduction by Stephen Colbert and 20 seconds of slow intro, this piece is pretty tasty. It should serve as a nice pallette cleanser between Tool and other head bangers.

Alison Kraus. I Never Cared for You. February 17, 2017 on Colbert.

Try that stringed bass on your new double sub setup. Lets see what those two twin thumpers do with music instead of car crashes and explosions.
Metal IS the palette cleanser :) Wasn't crazy about this at first, but it grew on me.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Instantly hooked the first time I heard ZZ top.

I am such a nut about ZZ Top that I rarely mention them or bring them up in public. I don't think I have done so on the AH. This is to protect the innocent and keep from embarrassing myself with being too much of a Topper. I loved ZZ Top the first time I heard them and I've been playing them ever since.

Like you MrBoat, I have learned to branch out and appreciate all kinds of music. Your selection of Jeff Lorber will get me down to the used record store again this week to pick some up. I was already there this week getting your previous recommendations for Supertramp and a couple of others I saw while trolling for tunes.

I like a lot of things about AH, but, I like listening to music the best of all. Technology is a means to an end, but not the point. Great sounding music is the point.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Metal IS the palette cleanser :) Wasn't crazy about this at first, but it grew on me.
j_garcia
I actually enjoyed that Brick in the Wall piece by Korn. During the last few years I've begun collecting covers of great songs by new artists. I've been pleasantly surprised at how good many covers of old tunes sound with a modern recording touch and the new instruments and arrangements brought to bear. I'm not stodgy on old standards. Bring on the covers if they're good.

So, to provide good return on your Korn investment, here's a similar cover of an old standard with a metal twist. You may not be old enough to remember the original by the original artist, but it was very 80's sounding. I like the cover by Candlelight Red much better than the original.

She's Got the Look. Candlelight Red. Done in 2011. Original done in 1989.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
j_garcia
I actually enjoyed that Brick in the Wall piece by Korn. During the last few years I've begun collecting covers of great songs by new artists. I've been pleasantly surprised at how good many covers of old tunes sound with a modern recording touch and the new instruments and arrangements brought to bear. I'm not stodgy on old standards. Bring on the covers if they're good.

So, to provide good return on your Korn investment, here's a similar cover of an old standard with a metal twist. You may not be old enough to remember the original by the original artist, but it was very 80's sounding. I like the cover by Candlelight Red much better than the original.

She's Got the Look. Candlelight Red. Done in 2011. Original done in 1989.

Not bad, and yes I am old enough lol. This is one of my favorite crazy covers. It isn't bad and it is quite funny:

Another fun one from Korn

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis