M

metalhead

Audiophyte
Hey fellow Hi-Fidelity freaks, I am going to be doing something with wire..Simple questions. #1 A longer interconnect and a shorter speaker lead?,or # 2 - Shorter interconnect and longer speaker cable? Which works best???? thanks Quicksilver mono 90s , Klipsch K Horns ,Space and Time line stage pre -amp are involved components. Turn it up or turn it off

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Depends:
a] Are the interconnects unbalanced RCA or balanced XLR cables?
b] Are both amplifier locations powered from the same AC outlet?
c] Are the K-horns 8 Ohm speakers?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would go with shorter interconnects and longer speaker wires.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on how long we're talking about and what the load is. As long as you size the wire appropriately for the load, longer wire would be fine.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Hey fellow Hi-Fidelity freaks, I am going to be doing something with wire..Simple questions. #1 A longer interconnect and a shorter speaker lead?,or # 2 - Shorter interconnect and longer speaker cable? Which works best???? thanks Quicksilver mono 90s , Klipsch K Horns ,Space and Time line stage pre -amp are involved components. Turn it up or turn it off
Any post that starts of with "hey freaks I am powering up Klipsch Horns" and I gotta watch and see what happens. Klipsch Horns are one of my all time favorite speaker designs. I have no room at my place for a pair, but man o man do I wish you were a neighbor.

As to the question at hand: some of the members have already asked the important questions.
Question: how long is long? Are we talking 3 to 10 feet or we talking 50 to 100 feet?
With the KHorns, a little bit of juice is going to get the job done so a long speaker wire run is manageable if the gauge of the wire is heavy enough to compensate for length, you should be more than fine.

I like my interconnects short enough to get the job done and no longer than is necessary to make plugging things in and out easy. I don't know there is physics involved in such short path lengths that could make an audible difference, but I keep em short and tidy on the interconnect side and let the length be in the speaker cables.

If you can, please post some pictures of the Klipsch Horns in your setup at your home. Its getting to be far too rare to see them in action anymore.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis