Looking for some bookshelf speakers 150$ or less for gaming and tv Thank you

M

Matthew Quenette

Audioholic Intern
Thanks every one! I'm going for the pioneers.

L1C4

L1C4

Enthusiast
i was thinking about buying the Polk audio tsi 100s. I had a pair of tsi 200s in the past however I was wreck less and blew the tweeters. I want to know if there's anything better for the price. I'm using Bose 141s right now paired with a Yamaha r-s700 stereo receiver and Polk psw 505 subwoofer. I'm not an expert on choosing speakers. I prefer a warm crisp sound. I don't usually turn my receiver up very loud either.
I heard Elacs are good. You should check those out. They have a few price points.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I heard Elacs are good. You should check those out. They have a few price points.
The Elac Debut as well as the Uni-Fi received tons of hyped up press, but I found they lacked excitement when playing energetic music.
You can read more here on the B5 as well as a link to the AVS forum where another guy had the exact same comment about the larger B6 lacking excitement.
You can generally trust the measurements in pro reviews, but don't trust their comments!
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/elac-b5-vs-philharmonic-affordable-accuracy-new-monitor.97171/#post-1109193

M

Matthew Quenette

Audioholic Intern
Just bought the pioneer bs22lr! Thanks for the help!

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
I bought a Klipsch RC-10 and a pair of RB-10's last month. They sound 'musical' - at least as much as a 4" LF driver can produce. Your Polk sub-woofer would likely complete the sound quite nicely. The kicker is the 1" Ti dome they horn load - the CC speaker is great for dialogue. Intro-ed in 2004, both boxes I got came factory sealed and contained an instruction manual dated 2016! So, if you don't like the Pioneers... you can always order the RB-10's from Amazon ~$101/pr (The CC speaker, RC-10, is ~$123 there!). Good luck.

M

Matthew Quenette

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I had a pair of klipsch.I don't remember the exact model but they were floor standing and sounded really screechy at high volume...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If for some reason price and shipping is too high for you on the AA --
Then look at the Boston A26 - on sale for half off, (sold each)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882152211&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=bookshelf_speakers-_-82-152-211-_-Product
Any thoughts on how these compare to the EOS?
I know you often recommend a BA speaker, but seems like it was the A250 or A260?
I had a great experience with BA speakers in my truck. They were pricey, but worth it, imo. I don't have any experience listening to their home stuff and I don't see them recommended very often. I was wondering why?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I had a great experience with BA speakers in my truck. They were pricey, but worth it, imo. I don't have any experience listening to their home stuff and I don't see them recommended very often. I was wondering why?
their marking in the USA is not as strong as some other companies.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I bought a Klipsch RC-10 and a pair of RB-10's last month. They sound 'musical' - at least as much as a 4" LF driver can produce. Your Polk sub-woofer would likely complete the sound quite nicely. The kicker is the 1" Ti dome they horn load - the CC speaker is great for dialogue. Intro-ed in 2004, both boxes I got came factory sealed and contained an instruction manual dated 2016! So, if you don't like the Pioneers... you can always order the RB-10's from Amazon ~$101/pr (The CC speaker, RC-10, is ~$123 there!). Good luck.
How exactly does a speaker sound musical?

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
Generally, as in my example, I think the 'musical' description refers to a limited bass response - ie, not a good performer in typical HT use in reproducing explosions, etc. If you read the next line you would have seen my suggestion to keep his Polk sub-woofer to 'complete the sound'. Alone, the RB-10's sound quite good, without any BR 'hangover'.

M

Matthew Quenette

Audioholic Intern
Great news I got the pioneers today with some mediabridge banana cables and they sound amazing. Better than the tsi 200s I had a while ago. Tried them without the psw 505 and still sounded great! Excellent recommendation. I'm very happy with them.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Great news I got the pioneers today with some mediabridge banana cables and they sound amazing. Better than the tsi 200s I had a while ago. Tried them without the psw 505 and still sounded great! Excellent recommendation. I'm very happy with them.
They are nice and better than a lot of Polk speakers -- enjoy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis