Optimizing Speakers with old RX-V2400 Receiver, older Subwoofer, and new TV

P

pianomandave

Audiophyte
I have a Yamah RX-V2400 receiver. I just bought a Samsung TV with only HDMI inputs. I have Front, Center, and Rear speakers and a SubWoofer. The Subwoofer has no Coax input. I have the Left and Right speakers attached to the Subwoofer input and then from the subwoofer output to the Speakers. The Rear and Center Speakers are attached from the receiver output directly to the speaker.

I want tp use the Yamaha Parametric Room Optimizer. to get the optimal setup of the speakers. I have no way to get the video signal from the Receiver to my TV. Can I send the OSD signal to the front panel of the Receiver? Is there some way to output from the Receiver and get to an HDMI input on the TV?

Will the speakers optimize with Subwoofer not connected from the subwoofer output on the receiver? Is there a way to get the subwoofer output from the Receiver to the subwoofer, where the only inputs are the four leads for the Right and Left Speakers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Which model tv did you get? What subwoofer is it?

Littlefoott

Littlefoott

Audioholic Intern
you should be able to connect component cables from the receiver to the tv but it may need an adapter (may have come with the tv)
what tv model is it

P

pianomandave

Audiophyte
The TV is a Samsung UN66JS8500. My apologies. I was only looking at the external mini-one box and it only has HDMI inputs. It turns out that on the back, there are both Composite and Component Inputs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis