Professionally Trained Dogs?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Anybody have any experience with professionally trained dogs? Obedience trained? Protection trained?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Most of the experiences this motley group has had has been running from them...o_O

Might want to ask Matt if he can answer any questions you have. ( @Matt34 )

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My father-in-law had a professionally trained German Shepherd (he is a state trooper) and he could get her to do pretty much anything. It takes a year or two to make them "totally" trained.

Really depends on breed too. My Rottweiler wasn't professionally trained (I trained him), but I trained him for two years before he would mind without question. I didn't even have to talk for him to do what I wanted. Just had to point.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
It takes a year or two to make them "totally" trained.
From what I've learned, there are different "levels" of training. Obedience, Competition, Protection, Search, etc. And even different "levels" within a "level". Like Bark-and-Hold vs Bite-and-Hold.

The whole thing is much more complicated than I thought.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
From what I've learned, there are different "levels" of training. Obedience, Competition, Protection, Search, etc. And even different "levels" within a "level". Like Bark-and-Hold vs Bite-and-Hold.

The whole thing is much more complicated than I thought.
Good point. I guess it really depends on your goal. I just wanted my dogs to mind immediately without hesitation. Wasn't going for anything like protection. More obedience than anything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis