John Wick 2 - Go See it!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Well orchestrated symphony of over the top violence, can't think of a better way to describe it. If you liked the first one, like me, you are really going to like the second.

Quick Pros:
  • Fight scenes start from the opening credits and are well placed throughout the movie.
  • The plot is a litte more complicated to follow, but nothing that will tax the brain
  • A lot of returning cast make the movie better, even the new dog has some scenes :)
  • Keanu knows what he does well, the fight scenes are just incredible most of the time
  • The movie comes across as much bigger in scale
  • The ending has you wondering how they are going to start the third movie
  • Soundtrack will be an enjoyment on any home theater sound system
  • The pay homage to the Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon scene was fun
Quick Cons:
  • Sometimes the fight scenes can seem a bit over choreographed
  • You can match the same emotional attachment as the first one with his dead wife and the bad guys killing the puppy she left for him as a gift, but it is still good
  • It may seem like more of the same for some, but it was just plain fun to me

My suggestion, drop the wife/girlfirend off at the 50 shades sequal, sneak out and watch this movie!! ;) Turn off some of your brain cells, sit back and enjoy the action, I will definitely be adding this to my movie collection when it comes out as well. It currently sits at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes with 93% of the fans saying they enjoy the movie

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm all in. My kind of movie. Will definitley see. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We saw John Wick 2 & Logan this weekend.

Logan was probably the "better" and more serious Oscar-worthy drama movie. But a bit too depressing for me.

I enjoyed John Wick 2 a lot more and had a lot of fun watching it.

IOW, I probably won't be rewatching Logan, but I will definitely be rewatching John Wick 2 on BD. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
We saw John Wick 2 & Logan this weekend.

Logan was probably the "better" and more serious Oscar-worthy drama movie. But a bit too depressing for me.

I enjoyed John Wick 2 a lot more and had a lot of fun watching it.

IOW, I probably won't be rewatching Logan, but I will definitely be rewatching John Wick 2 on BD. :D
Can definitely see your point, not sure if I would watch Logan again, but not because it wasn't well done, as far as acting and story it was excellent. I made similar comments about hard to watch Professor X in that state, but you knew what was going to happen in the end.

John Wick is mindless fun, action and humor put together in just the right amounts.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can definitely see your point, not sure if I would watch Logan again, but not because it wasn't well done, as far as acting and story it was excellent. I made similar comments about hard to watch Professor X in that state, but you knew what was going to happen in the end.

John Wick is mindless fun, action and humor put together in just the right amounts.
It was heartbreaking for me to watch both Professor X and Wolverine in their conditions.

I couldn't rewatch that.

Although I hate comedies and like more serious movies, I prefer all happy endings. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
First one was great. I don't mind at all when a movie doesn't have the ending you want; more like life. Daughter wanted to go see it, but she got sick.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis