Samsung Galaxy Phones Drop Headphone Jack: Harman Audio to the Rescue!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Samsung is rumoured to have dropped the 3.5mm headphone jack from its upcoming Galaxy S8 smartphone. It’s not an unexpected omission considering Apple has done the same thing to make way for ever-skinnier designs.

Considering Samsung’s upcoming purchase of Harman, the door is open to Harman and its many audio companies to come to the rescue with supporting peripherals like wireless headphones and digital-to-analog audio adapters.

Read: Samsung Galaxy Phones Drop Headphone Jack: Harman Audio to the Rescue!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Did not expect this from Samsung. Seems like I have to stay with S7 for quite a while!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have almost never used the headphone jack on my S7 and zero now that I picked up some bluetooth headphones. Except for a few times while getting some miles in, it is just unused.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have almost never used the headphone jack on my S7 and zero now that I picked up some bluetooth headphones. Except for a few times while getting some miles in, it is just unused.
Yeah, I'm pretty much with you on this. AKG 845BT ro RBH EP-SP are pretty much the only phones that I use. Rarely touch the Senny 598 b/c of the wire.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I hear these phones are gonna drop like hot potatoes.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I hear these phones are gonna drop like hot potatoes.
If by drop, you mean heat up and explode, you are probably right ;)

Apt-X and AptX HD now do a nice job with Bluetooth audio. If you demand an 3.5mm Jack the LG V20 is a spectacular music device and the G6 coming out will also keep the 3.5mm Jack

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If rumors accurate, samsung is definitely dropping from vendors would be considering for next device

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I have almost never used the headphone jack on my S7 and zero now that I picked up some bluetooth headphones.
Same. Almost never used the headphone jack on my Galaxy S6.

I used to always use a dac/amp for music but I almost never listen to music on-the-go anymore, when I do, I accept its inferior sound quality in comparison to my static system and non-mobile headphones.

I had this epiphany listening to some incredible-sounding music while kicked back with my eyes closed. The experience was so profound I thought to myself... why do I even bother trying to get this level of sound while out on walks using a portable DAC/amp, or sitting at my desk at work. You can't appreciate the sound quality if you're not focused on it.

So, I'm fine with wireless headphones while out walking.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I rarely use mine, but I'm not yet ready to have the option taken away!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I personally use IEM quite often with my phone so I really prefer the 3.5mm plug.

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
I think phones with a headphone jack are plenty slim enough nowadays and I think this move is taking an option away from consumers. My experience with wireless headsets outside has been far from positive and the audio is compromised compared to what I get with a good wired headset. This is a sad development for people that like their music on the go. Very sad !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis