Harmony ultimate remote with velodyne dd+ sub

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I am trying to operate the vel dd15+ sub with the harmony remote and succeed in pairing it up and manage to get the display on the remote but when pressing the buttons on the remote I can't seem to operate it.Every other source is fine but the velodyne.Has the velodyne been made not compatible.I can't seem to find any info on this so if anyone here knows anything or has tried this remote with the velodyne please respond as for the life of me I can't seem to figure this out.Thanks again guys.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I would think that Velodyne would be an outlyer, so I'm thinking they may not bein the Harmony registry. You might want to contact either/both companies and see if there's an ap that you can upload.

DJ

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Will do than
I would think that Velodyne would be an outlyer, so I'm thinking they may not bein the Harmony registry. You might want to contact either/both companies and see if there's an ap that you can upload.

DJ
Ok DJ thanks mate,I will contact them ASAP.Cheers mate

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility

According to the Logitech website, the DD-10, DD-12, and DD-18 are compatible. Is one of those your sub? If not you can always program the commands manually. Just grab your velodyne remote, plug your harmony into the computer, and use the "learn" feature in the software.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Harmony's code database is partially populated by consumers- the rest come from the equipment manufacturers. One difference between Harmony and companies like URC is that Harmony actually verifies and maintains their code database. I sell both, but from experience, if it's not in the Harmony database now, it will be in the near future. If you teach the codes to the remote, please use the same words for the function as what's on the remote- it's a royal PITA to see a command in the database and have no idea what it means because someone decided to be creative with the name.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility

According to the Logitech website, the DD-10, DD-12, and DD-18 are compatible. Is one of those your sub? If not you can always program the commands manually. Just grab your velodyne remote, plug your harmony into the computer, and use the "learn" feature in the software.
Yep my dd+15 is supported and have paired it up,but it don't register when I go to turn it on via the harmony remote.The software for the harmony is no problem and all my prep work has been done.I actually have it on the remote no problem.I might have a problem with the ir board on the velodyne.That's the only thing I can think off.Sometimes my velodyne remote does not register also.Thanks for your input so far cud.I will delve further.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Harmony's code database is partially populated by consumers- the rest come from the equipment manufacturers. One difference between Harmony and companies like URC is that Harmony actually verifies and maintains their code database. I sell both, but from experience, if it's not in the Harmony database now, it will be in the near future. If you teach the codes to the remote, please use the same words for the function as what's on the remote- it's a royal PITA to see a command in the database and have no idea what it means because someone decided to be creative with the name.
It's amazing how easy it is to pair the harmony up and it really works well with the rest of my av gear.The software is good too and is pretty straight forward.From memory I think this problem was mentioned over at AVS in the velodyne support thread.I have tried to find it again over there but the thread is way too big.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis