j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Should be a fun Daily Driver.

2011 WRX STI. It was a showcase car at my friend's shop. They do custom suspension for Subarus and this was their car for showing what they do. He cycles them every few years so they have the current model and sell the old one. This one was shown at SEMA a few years back. Super low miles :) Lots of goodies already on it, so I actually don't have a lot of plans to do much to it actually. The majority of stuff I'd do is done:

Mann Engineering Inverted Coilovers by AST
Milltek Catted Turboback exhaust with Titanium Trim Tips
Greddy aluminum Radiator
Samco Sport Radiator Hoses
Front and Rear Whiteline Swaybars
Subframe Insert Bushings
Heavy Duty Steering Rack Bushings
AP Racing 6Piston Front Brake Kit
AP Racing 4Piston Rear Brake Kit
Speedline Type 2120 Wheels
Greddy Infometer Touch
Killer B oil pickup
Cosworth timing belt guide
Custom Clear Bra full wrap (everything forward of A-pillar).
STI Front Lower Lip

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I assume asking if ECU was tuned after new Rad and exhaust is a silly question? Any mods to air intake?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Stock intake is good for about 400hp, so this one should be OK for what I'll do since it is a daily. When they had their motor in it it was putting down 430HP and they did have a larger turbo inlet tube (but it was also a custom Garrett turbo). It includes the ECUTEK license on the ECU because it was tuned for the other motor. It is running a stock-like map right now since I am still breaking it in. They drove it 11 miles to their shop from the dealer, pulled the original motor and dropped in their fully custom Cosworth. When he offered it to me, he said he still had the original with 11 miles on it and that's what's in there now :) With about 400 mi on it currently. Once it is broken in (1K mi), I will put various parts back on and get it retuned by Delicious Tuning who tuned my Forester also.

https://www.delicioustuning.com/

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Gorgeous. I have to ask, how much?
Was a great deal. I wasn't looking to buy a car, but it was too good to pass up. Got it below bluebook with all the parts on it and some of the original parts as well. Paid a little over $30K but that included a 4yr/48K warranty from my bank. Though it is a 2011, it is effectively a brand new car.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow, very nice. Does it deliver better gas milage? ;) :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Still on break-in. So put a few "unnecessary" miles on it this morning on Skyline Dr. in the Santa Cruz mountains.

They have a few fun rides of their own at this winery.

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
Nice car. I actually just picked up a low mileage 13 wrx for a winter beater myself. I through basic bolt ons on it and tuned it within a week of buying it. It makes ok power for what it is - enough to roll my friends bolt on / cam new edge mustang. lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another early morning drive on Sunday on the opposite mountain ridge lol. It has now passed the break-in period as of yesterday :)

@ James Lick observatory atop Mt. Hamilton.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Great oil cap. Lots of extra power
Lol. My friend had those made for our annual Subaru BBQ event which is a charity raffle (510 registered and 150 day of; estimating over 750 people attending this year). They were a big hit. I have the one from last year also. He was sick this year and could not attend and did not make a cap this year. That cap has been on the WRX, the FXT and now this STI.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Lol. My friend had those made for our annual Subaru BBQ event which is a charity raffle (510 registered and 150 day of; estimating over 750 people attending this year). They were a big hit. I have the one from last year also. He was sick this year and could not attend and did not make a cap this year. That cap has been on the WRX, the FXT and now this STI.
Since you are obviously a Subaru guy, I wanted to ask.....

What's the general thoughts on the Subaru Crosstrek? Where does that tend to fall in the pecking order for the Outback, Forrester, WRX?

I really like the Hatchback WRX. But, I've seen a few of those Forrester 2.5XT that look dang nice too!

But the Crosstrek is fairly new, I haven't heard much of anything good or bad about it yet.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

What's the general thoughts on the Subaru Crosstrek? Where does that tend to fall in the pecking order for the Outback, Forrester, WRX?

I really like the Hatchback WRX. But, I've seen a few of those Forrester 2.5XT that look dang nice too!

But the Crosstrek is fairly new, I haven't heard much of anything good or bad about it yet.
The Crosstrek has been around since 2012. As far as I know it's just a taller Impreza hatchback. Everything else is basically the same.

My sister in law has one. It's nice enough I guess :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is an Impreza hatch with the old Forester's suspension and some extra plastic cladding outside. So yes it is just taller but effectively identical to the standard hatch. I think they did that because the new Forester is larger than the previous generation, as was the Outback (which is now on the Tribeca's platform and Tribeca is gone). I like the crosstrek and it seems pretty popular overall.

My car is currently sitting idle in the garage and I have a rental due to the Takata debacle. They said they should have parts in probably by the end of November.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Had a rental for the last month due to the airbag recall. Paid for by Subaru/Takata, which was nice of Subaru. Finally dropped it off this weekend (now that they have parts) for the repair but there was an additional recall that my car fell under that they will do at the same time. I have barely driven it in the last few weeks.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I tell my wife that my car after the next one I get will be the Crosstrek. It says Mountain Biker all over it and I think it looks cool. I am going to get one more stupid car and then get something like the Crosstreck for my "permanent car" when I am done working.

I have been looking at the Mercedes AMG C63 S because I feel like I need a car with 503 HP. My wife said she will kill me if I bring home a Coupe. She wants me to get another small SUV but she is OK if it's a Porsche. I am going to try and keep my Q5 one more year and then the new Mercedes GLC AMG 43 will be out and may be a contender.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Macan GTS :) I was at the light the other day with one of those V12 AMG black ed. 712 lb-ft. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis