What headphones do you use?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Wafflesomd said:
So you own a pair of 7506's?

I have the MDR-v6's, and my freind owns some 7506's. Is there any difference between the two? All I could find was a gold plug vs. a silver one.
There are three differences that I know about. The plug on the 7506 is gold plated, while the V6 is nickel plated. My headphones have a blue sticker on the side that says "Professional", while yours have a red sticker that says "For Digital". Mine are also more expensive.

Any real differences? No. I bought the 7506 because that's what was available at the local store.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It's usually my wife

Sheep said:
You use Porta Pros when seated next to someone? Wow, you're a jerk! Those things leaky more then Condo's. :p

SheepStar
and she's ususlly got those widdle earbuds stuck in her ear.

And, I paid for that seat, dude. I can use 'em if I want.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
markw said:
and she's ususlly got those widdle earbuds stuck in her ear.

And, I paid for that seat, dude. I can use 'em if I want.
I hope you still have the receipt. I had those cans too, and but wires broke. NO receipt, no new cans (lifetime warranty).

SheepStar

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
Wafflesomd said:
Me, I just have my good ole Sony MDR-V6's, but I'm thinking of getting a nice set of Grado Prestige SR325i's.

I have a house and I can crank my music and movies up HIGH without disturbing neighbors. I should say "without disturbing them YET," because I got my sub, center, and surrounds a month ago. :p But I've cranked up my volume and gone outside, and it's not too high from 30-feet away. No one should complain. I hope! :D

OK, there's a proviso: My gf and I live together, and she doesn't like super-loud music. So when she's here, I keep the volume down. But she and I both like watching DVDs with our new set-up at moderately high levels, so that's cool.

So I don't use headphenes for music or DVDs. I got a pair of Sennheiser PX 100s for my iPod Mini, though, because I wasn't happy with Apple's ear buds.

Chris

J

jsanfilippo5

Junior Audioholic
im using the AKG K240S --- Used them in the studio for years- for 130 bucks you cantg o wrong. Second choice is the Sony mdr-7506.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
My headphone inventory:

Sony MDR-SA5000
Etymotic ER4S
Sennheiser PX 100
Koss Porta Pro

The Sony sounds phenomenal, even out of my laptop's headphone out. But I am mainly using the Pro Pro nowadays for home use, because it's more convenient to put on and take off. For portable use, I mainly use the ER4S, isolates a lot of ambient noise.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
After my Senheissers died, I bought a SONY MDRV6, excellent well built headphones, quite neutral and still running after all these years.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
As do I

I've since purchased the 325i's. They're awsome for home listening.

I still use the V6's for portable use. I usually switch between my V6's and my AKG K271's.

I also bought the Prelude audio Symphony II amp. It's amazing :)

Homer Bluth

Homer Bluth

Audiophyte
Right now, I currently have 3 pair of headphones.

1. V-Moda Crossfade LP2: Used for bass heavy music, specifically hip hop
2. Sennheiser HD598: What I would consider my "main" pair of headphones that I use for most of my home listening
3. VSonic GR07: My in-ear headphones that use for running, public transit, or the gym.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bowers & Wilkins P7
Sennheiser MM-400X
Koss UR/10

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I have a wealth of headphones to choose from. I spent a week in the hospital a few months ago and used a set of (blasphemy I know) Bose SoundLink II closed-back around the ears Bluetooth headphones (that were gifted to me) with my old beater (who cares if it gets stolen) ultraportable notebook computer. They were surprisingly good for 2015 BT headphones and for a Bose product and when combined with mucho pain killers and great care helped keep me sane for that week.

For use with my smartphone I have RBH Sound BP-SP Bluetooth in-ear monitors that I use strictly for music. For home listening I have two sets of cans that I use, depending on what I'm listening to. I have my old Senn HD500s and I have an RBH HP-2. The HP-2s are also suitable for use with my new Ultrabook and Dragonfly.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis