Mounting Totem tribe Centre

S

Seanc24

Audiophyte
Does anyone have experience mounting the totem tribe speakers in the horizontal as a centre speaker (on wall mount). I just picked up 3 tribes and there are no manuals or instructions on mounting the tribe in the horizontal position.
Is the there a separate mounting bracket that I should have received for the centre horizontal speaker?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

S

Seanc24

Audiophyte
Nevermind, I figured it out. For anyone who might want to know; you mount your horizontal centre channel the same way you mount the 2 fronts. Instead of the wall brackets facing up (for the 2 front speakers) and sliding the speakers down onto the brackets; you place these brackets facing left or right and you slide the centre channel speaker on from right to left.
I thought this might be a little dangerous because a little bump from the side might knock off the centre channel, but it is holding the speaker pretty sturdy.

These totem tribe 3 speakers are great. THis is the first time I have had Totem speakers and so far I'm extremely pleased.
They look great and sound even better....I can't wait till they're broken in!

J

jack robertson

Audiophyte
How are Tribe III's

How do you like your Tribe III speakers...I am just about to buy three for my system?

C

coaxial88

Audiophyte
Hello good day ; i am audio enthusiast I have a small question;

I have a Pioneer ELITE SC-07 Receiver, with 7.1 channel output, I just got these totem tribe 3, a 4-ohm load speaker.
I was wondering if I could connect the surround back channel outputs to the tweeter input of the speaker and the main L/R to the bass input in a Bi-Amp Configuration Without Damaging the speakers or the Receiver? My concern is the OHM load.
This configuration is allowed by the receiver ; one goes into the menu settings and changes it to bi-amp.

if you could advice I would be thankful

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello good day ; i am audio enthusiast I have a small question;

I have a Pioneer ELITE SC-07 Receiver, with 7.1 channel output, I just got these totem tribe 3, a 4-ohm load speaker.
I was wondering if I could connect the surround back channel outputs to the tweeter input of the speaker and the main L/R to the bass input in a Bi-Amp Configuration Without Damaging the speakers or the Receiver? My concern is the OHM load.
This configuration is allowed by the receiver ; one goes into the menu settings and changes it to bi-amp.

if you could advice I would be thankful
Bi-Amping is not worth the effort and risks it comes with. You won't benefit from Bi-Amping your speakers so don't bother with this idea. Bi-Amping in general offers only minimalist benefits if any and adds quite big risks to damage your speakers / amplifier when not done properly.

Edit: Should make your own topic for discussion as well to get better responses.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Yup the Tribes are great. I myself have the tribe 5 as my centre channel and just picked up the Winds used for my mains. For the brackets, I pried the hooks on the back of the bracket outwards a TOUCH to help hooking the speaker on the bracket. I was having difficulty before I did this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis