Advice on a center channel

totallyr

totallyr

Audiophyte
Hello, new here 1rst post. I just recently purchased a pair of Paradigm 5se's and a Paradigm PDR 10 on a good buy, i'm looking to add a Paradigm center channel speaker to this group, however i was hoping a learned member here might have some advice for me as i don't know which model would be a good fit. A friend told me that since the 5se's predated home theater it might be tough to do. Anyways thanks for listening and for whatever help might come my way. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If there is no matching center speaker for that speaker line, than I would just use something that is neutral. You might think about just using a regular upright bookshelf speaker as a center, if you have room for something like that. They can have a much better off-axis response, which can really improve the sound.

totallyr

totallyr

Audiophyte
Thanks, something to consider. Not sure what your meaning by neutral. I'm a bit of a newbie

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
By neutral I mean accurate, as in greater fidelity to the source.

G

Gersain

Audiophyte
Would it be a monitor perhaps?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It really does sound great and the price is good. LMK what you decide.

totallyr

totallyr

Audiophyte
A buddy just brought over his Paradigm CC 190v5, ran the Ypao off the Yamaha after adding the CC, sounded real nice. Think i'm going to keep an eye out for a used 1 of them. Thanks to everyone for their contributions

totallyr

totallyr

Audiophyte
Got myself a Paradigm CC 300 used, seems to be a good match, price was decent. All in all i'm pleased, thanks for the responses

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
You could now take all the older Paradigm speakers to your dealer, get at least 20% off a set of new Paradigm Prestige speakers and have a glorious new system of 100% new, matched speakers!:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis