I just joined this website.

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
I learned about this website after searching how to connect a Velodyne ULD sub to a Bang& Olufsen system. I have been a vintage audio collector for many years now. I use B&O in my home for audio. I have a pair of Penta speakers in the great room, and bought much more equipment in the "90"s. I have a small stock of McIntosh amps, Dynaco, Fisher, Thorens, Dahlquist etc. Wish I had the room to display and use them all.
I also am interested in vintage high end reel tape decks. I still use a pair of Revox 2 and 4 tracks in my system. Thanks for having me.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Welcome to the form Mr. Tandy! Sounds like you've got some wonderful stuff. Pics or it didn't happen!

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
Here is a old pic of the B&O system , (one of three). with the Revox's

Attachments

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Welcome! I must ask how you like your B&O speakers? I recently auditioned B&O speakers and I was quite disappointed on their performance while the sales man was praising them up to the heaven.

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
Welcome! I must ask how you like your B&O speakers? I recently auditioned B&O speakers and I was quite disappointed on their performance while the sales man was praising them up to the heaven.
I'm a theater organist, and the B&O pentas are pretty satisfying. I used to use Dahlquist DQ10's with DQ 1 Subs, but the Pentas are pretty amazing. As you probably know, I just bought a used reconed Velodyne ULDII 15 sub. Just for more amazing bass if I need it.

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
Where's B&O system, all I see is a Yamaha system ;)
All the stuff under the Revox reels are B&O. 5500, and 6500 systems. inclucing two turntables and three cassette units. I also have a 9000 system with a turntable and B&O 80.2 speakers in one bedroom, and a complete B&O 5000 system in a guest room with 140rl speakers. I went through a phase several decades ago. No Yamaha stuff at all. Except the Piano.

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
The bad thing, is that I received My Velodyne speaker from the shipping company today, and just having cataract surgery, I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy. Well, the package is about 90 lbs. Have to get some minions to move it, or WAIT. It was delivered to my office. Can't wait to open the package, It contains the original manuals and sales brochures! I was blown away in the '90's by these speakers. I hope this one is as good as I remember.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
All the stuff under the Revox reels are B&O. 5500, and 6500 systems. inclucing two turntables and three cassette units. I also have a 9000 system with a turntable and B&O 80.2 speakers in one bedroom, and a complete B&O 5000 system in a guest room with 140rl speakers. I went through a phase several decades ago. No Yamaha stuff at all. Except the Piano.
Tbh all the stuff in that old photo is very much out of focus and hard to see, but that Yamaha grand piano (a very spectacular one I must say) is clearly the focus of that photo and I posted my previous comment with a wink which @mtrycrafts clearly got the little pun. I was clearly referring to the piano.

Welcome to Audioholics and hope you'll feel better soon

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
WAIT...WAIT...WAIT...Rule number 1, is listen to your supervisor and Rule number 2, is to refer back to rule number 1...fill better...Enjoy!!!

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
My eyesight is superb now, but I still have to not carry an weights for a short time. Can't wait to get the Sub installed.

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
Sorry about not seeing the wink. I'm still learning. Glad to be here. Audiophiles are in the minority these days. Being 60, I still like The stuff I dreamed of owning when I was young. I always tell friends that the 1400 watt amps in cars at the gas station, are not reproducing music like a 100 watt Levinson amp does. They don't care, or understand.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
You're right, they're into what's loud and what looks good, the quality of the sound doesn't matter, yes we are the minority...

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
You're right, they're into what's loud and what looks good, the quality of the sound doesn't matter, yes we are the minority...
I could never figure out how a 12 volt system could produce quality sound with 2000 watts, when a fine audiophile system that cost about $10,000 was equal, in their own mind.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I could never figure out how a 12 volt system could produce quality sound with 2000 watts, when a fine audiophile system that cost about $10,000 was equal, in their own mind.
They don't want quality components or quality sound, if it's loud and looks good nothing else matters.

William Tandy Jr.

William Tandy Jr.

Enthusiast
They don't want quality components or quality sound, if it's loud and looks good nothing else matters.
The cool thing is that you can shoot a 45 cal into their speakers and they can't hear it! LOL

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis