Artison RCC Nano One Wireless Subwoofer Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for a small wireless subwoofer to complete your small home theater? Artison touts the RCC Nano One as the world’s smallest high performance subwoofer and at $1000 it better perform. Measuring only 7.5” x 8” x 9” including feet and grilles, it certainly is small!

Check out some of its features of this Mighty Mouse subwoofer that promises big performance that bellies its size.

Read: Artison RCC Nano One Wireless Subwoofer Preview

M

Maccie

Audiophyte
Hi,

I'm in the market for a very small muscial sub (max price somewhere around $1000). Any thoughts on the Artison Nano compared to the Velodyne Microvee?

Anyone tried the Monitor Audio CW8?

Regards,
Maccie

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Microvee looks to be tuned slightly deeper. I would probably go for the Microvee. Both of them are constrained by the laws of physics, so don't expect greatness. These are more mid-bass modules than true subwoofers.

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
That would be awesome for a desktop computer setup because you could put it somewhere right on the desk or right next to it nearfield :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The problem with using these small driver, long throw subs on a desktop is the moving mass of the drivers is usually quite heavy, relatively speaking. That means they move the whole unit quite a bit. The microsubs from Velodyne, Polk and especially the Sunfire had a reputation for 'walking' away during loud bass passages. These are the kind of subs that a isolation pad might actually help with. At high volumes I think a sub like this would rattle the desktop unless the desk is very solid.

M

Maccie

Audiophyte
Thanks for your thoughts. The Microvee is the front runner as of now, a Minivee would probably be better but I can not fit a Minivee right now.

Artison make a big point out of the Nano being stable, i.e. not rattling/'walking'.

The form factor of these three subs (Microvee, Nano, CW8) is perfect for my application. Very curious about the Monitor Audio CW8, haven't seen any reviews or measurements on it yet.

/Mac

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis