afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Man, I can see this show getting cancelled about mid-season. :D
:eek::p:D
Supergirl Is Renewed for Season 2, But It's Moving to The CW

By Kaitlin Thomas
staff
15 hours ago
Supergirl to be replaced by rainy days, gloomy nights, and maybe even a few hundred abandoned warehouses full of tarps and bad guys. The superhero drama starring Melissa Benoist has been renewed for a second season but will move to CBS's corporate sibling The CW, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The series, which started strong but later tapered off in the ratings to average just 10 million viewers in Live+7 numbers, was CBS's most expensive freshman series.

In order to lower the cost of production, the series will move filming from Los Angels to Vancouver, where the bulk of The CW's programs are already filmed. In addition to fellow DC Comics series Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow, all of which are also produced by Supergirl super-producer Greg Berlanti, the dramas iZombie,Supernatural, and The 100 are also all filmed in Vancouver.

The move, which has been rumored to be happening for a while now (Supergirl was originally pitched to The CW but the network opted to pass), could mean there's a higher potential for crossover episodes, like the one this season which saw The Flash's Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) travel to Kara's (Benoist) world and blow her mind with his lightning-fast ice cream delivery system. According to THR, Calista Flockhart, who plays media mogul Cat Grant, has agreed to stay with the series despite being adamant about working in L.A. But will the rest of the cast also agree to pick up and pack for moist Vancouver?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:eek::p:D
Supergirl Is Renewed for Season 2, But It's Moving to The CW

By Kaitlin Thomas
staff
15 hours ago
Supergirl to be replaced by rainy days, gloomy nights, and maybe even a few hundred abandoned warehouses full of tarps and bad guys. The superhero drama starring Melissa Benoist has been renewed for a second season but will move to CBS's corporate sibling The CW, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The series, which started strong but later tapered off in the ratings to average just 10 million viewers in Live+7 numbers, was CBS's most expensive freshman series.

In order to lower the cost of production, the series will move filming from Los Angels to Vancouver, where the bulk of The CW's programs are already filmed. In addition to fellow DC Comics series Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow, all of which are also produced by Supergirl super-producer Greg Berlanti, the dramas iZombie,Supernatural, and The 100 are also all filmed in Vancouver.

The move, which has been rumored to be happening for a while now (Supergirl was originally pitched to The CW but the network opted to pass), could mean there's a higher potential for crossover episodes, like the one this season which saw The Flash's Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) travel to Kara's (Benoist) world and blow her mind with his lightning-fast ice cream delivery system. According to THR, Calista Flockhart, who plays media mogul Cat Grant, has agreed to stay with the series despite being adamant about working in L.A. But will the rest of the cast also agree to pick up and pack for moist Vancouver?
Sounds like GREAT news to me. :D

Maybe they can get writers from Arrow to write Supergirl and FIRE the team from season 1. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like Superman/Clark Kent will finally appear on CW's Supergirl season 2. Don't know who will play him yet.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Anyone guess if DC will put Supergirl back into cinemas? As first one didn't do so well.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone guess if DC will put Supergirl back into cinemas? As first one didn't do so well.
I just don't see it. I think The Arrow & The Flash movie would have a better chance than Supergirl. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I hope not. The show is ok but I just think it would be a cheese fest if they tried to make a movie out of it.

I also hope they don't do an Arrow movie b/c season 4 of Arrow was painful to watch. The worst enemy of season 4 besides Felicity is the writers!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hope none of the shows make it to the big screen because I think TV is 100% better than movies.

I think Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad would be crap as movies, but 100% awesome as TV.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I watch SG for Melissa Benoist...

She's just soooo damn cute...

*sigh*

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I get the sense the show is improving in the 2nd season. The Flash is the best comic show, but it's also a lot easier to make it interesting given his abilities. Supergirl is a hard hero to write for. How do you make her vulnerable enough to make things interesting while still giving her the chance to win fights. Arrow feels lost the most interesting scenes have always been the island, but the Felicity love ark made no sense to me either.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
SG show needs as much help as it can get. :)

I'll vote for Lynda Carter as President. ;)

I haven't seen any S02 episodes yet, but I sure hope S02 has much better writing than S01.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
SG is just way too super cheesy for me to enjoy, much better options on Netflix and existing DC content.

Linda Carter is still HAWT

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis