Information and video link: vigeraudio.livejournal.com

Electric-Arc Loudspeaker - The innovative solution

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
interested in...
Well loose interest fast, very fast!

There is nothing new under the sun. The first ionic discharge speaker was the Ionofane, introduced with great fanfare by Fane acoustics in 1965.

These keep being reintroduced and dredged up every few years. They work by creating a modulated electric wind. They create this by modulating a sharp point with a very high voltage (millions of volts). The sound is produced by this modulated electric wind.

Unfortunately there is one huge draw back. They create vast amounts of toxic ozone. Ozone is toxic to humans, especially the lungs and is a weak carcinogen.

The other problem is that when they malfunction, which is frequently, they do so violently like a giant firework with significant risk of injury and property damage.

The attraction is that there are no moving parts. However air has mass so there is transfer of energy from electric to mechanical.

I can assure you they won't be allowed to sell any here.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
How would you like to have a couple of these babies in your living room?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
So you come to advert your company here with silly posts like that? Doesn't really give a good picture from you.

Your website is a blog and more than half of it is in Russia as well.. There are plasma speakers available already, so nothing new there.

What is it?

What is it?

Audiophyte
About OZONE ... Read chemical encyclopedia, basic literacy. Ozone at temperatures above 158F breaks, cold plasma is very difficult to obtain for ozone. For use powerful arc lamps (efficiency = 1%), where a lot of ultraviolet light, and it adds an oxygen atom. very not for long!

Information about the absence of mechanical parts, to overload as much as you do not break in touring work is important. Ribbon afraid overload and expensive + amp? Price?

I think the sound of EAL much better than any of-Ribbon. Type PRO work in a group, pick up the required number and receive power in high fidelity sound.

While for outdoor can not come, only inside buildings.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
About OZONE ... Read chemical encyclopedia, basic literacy. Ozone at temperatures above 158F breaks, cold plasma is very difficult to obtain for ozone. For use powerful arc lamps (efficiency = 1%), where a lot of ultraviolet light, and it adds an oxygen atom. very not for long!

Information about the absence of mechanical parts, to overload as much as you do not break in touring work is important. Ribbon afraid overload and expensive + amp? Price?

I think the sound of EAL much better than any of-Ribbon. Type PRO work in a group, pick up the required number and receive power in high fidelity sound.

Well it's tough to argue with that (because it doesn't make much sense!). :rolleyes:

I would certainly avoid Ozone generation in my home.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
How would you like to have a couple of these babies in your living room?
...]
Can't hear the music with all that arcing unless that is the sound one wants to hear.

B

blanddawg62

Enthusiast

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis