Speaker wire question

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well that's an interesting post. Still mostly tl/dr as they say these days. I'll consider later for further reply....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Time alignment is a daily pursuit of manufacturers around the world, and as a therapist i can tell you, the people they hire to listen ( boy what a sweet job) and the way sensitive equipment to try to replace those people both are not in psychotic delusional state, however the good manners lost here in the above post(s) above may qualify for a rage issue and a attempt to keep this forum at a certain state of existence, where in it is more about "furniture" then acoustic science, but i at least did try to address it in a respectful manner, and as a therapist suggest others try same, if "phase shift" as a science has not reached these parts of the world, I am certainly not going to argue. On the other hand if both of the above posters, are trying to say, however bad mannerly, without proper credentials to do it, audiophiles need to have some restraints put on their outrageous proclamations that everyone must have a 59,000.00 dollar amp, most often the one they have, you will find no greater allies then me.

I think all of us here are aware of phase and time issues, which are just different ways of looking at the same thing.

As someone who has designed speakers for a very long time, I'm very aware of it. However the loudspeaker wire plays no part in these issues or problems.

Personally I could not care less about what you or your friends hear. That has no bearing on the science or the math involved in these issues.

You might as well stop now. You will not get an audience here except for the comedic value of your posts.

We get an endless stream of people wandering here making these bizarre claims and statements. Unfortunately you will not be the last.

GRACE RUBY

GRACE RUBY

Audiophyte
GUY SAYS
Personally I could not care less about what you or your friends hear. That has no bearing on the science or the math involved in these issues.

Hi guy
so let me understand you,

1. I am at a forum where everyone thinks the same thing you think, cause you said "us"

2.and being rude to people and what are obviously way new ideas here, is a acceptable form of behavior,

3. plus subsumed in all this is, a 4000.00 cardas RCA interconnect sounds the same as a 4.99 radio shack cable nor will it produce a different oscilloscope pic.

5. and all the rest of the world is morons and imbeciles:eek: (there's a difference) except the folks here:). except me of course cause i am hearing things:eek:.

6. And you where in my living room hearing :cool:this machine not buzz, tho my girlfriend did, shes a fool too now i see,,,,and my friend the air force sonar expert who lived many hours a day with hushers in his ears to keep them sensitive is a waste of national taxes.

7. So let me guess, someone comes in here and says some wire distorts more then others and they get roughed up for saying they have supernatural powers :eek:.

8 verbal violence is a good thing:eek:

Well guy i think you have put the whole world back together for those of us too stupid to be as harsh as you, which at the same time has given you greater sensitivity to hear with.
OK folks dust the ol pants off, find our hats and head home, guys done it.

PSYCHIATRIC MATH EQUATION

Rude + condescending+astral projection into the past= equals better hearing, thats some real math you use guy.

look:rolleyes: folks back on subject here, did anyone read this guys funny as heck take on wire, seems there's a lot of depression here at this forum, as depression when accepted as reality makes the world look and sound grey
and gives folks who give in to it a funny feeling its OK to treat folks with caustic :eek:dysthymic resentment, so maybe some laughs:) would help make the music sound better--

http://www.recordingmag.com/resources/resourceDetail/223.html

GRACE RUBY:)

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
GUY SAYS

Hi guy
so let me understand you,

1. I am at a forum where everyone thinks the same thing you think, cause you said "us"

2.and being rude to people and what are obviously way new ideas here, is a acceptable form of behavior,

3. plus subsumed in all this is, a 4000.00 cardas RCA interconnect sounds the same as a 4.99 radio shack cable nor will it produce a different oscilloscope pic.

5. and all the rest of the world is morons and imbeciles:eek: (there's a difference) except the folks here:). except me of course cause i am hearing things:eek:.

6. And you where in my living room hearing :cool:this machine not buzz, tho my girlfriend did, shes a fool too now i see,,,,and my friend the air force sonar expert who lived many hours a day with hushers in his ears to keep them sensitive is a waste of national taxes.

7. So let me guess, someone comes in here and says some wire distorts more then others and they get roughed up for saying they have supernatural powers :eek:.

Well guy i think you have put the whole world back together for those of us too stupid to be as harsh as you, which at the same time has given you greater sensitivity to hear with.
OK folks dust the ol pants off, find our hats and head home, guys done it.

PSYCHIATRIC MATH EQUATION

Rude + condescending+astral projection into the past= equals better hearing, thats some real math you use guy.

look:rolleyes: folks back on subject here, did anyone read this guys funny as heck take on wire, seems there's a lot of depression here at this forum, as depression when accepted as reality makes the world look and sound grey
and gives folks who give in to it a funny feeling its OK to treat folks with caustic :eek:dysthymic resentment, so maybe some laughs:) would help make the music sound better--

http://www.recordingmag.com/resources/resourceDetail/223.html

GRACE RUBY:)
I took a look on your article, should of stopped reading as soon as he mentions he can hear a difference. In some points he is correct, lenght and thickness of cable do effect the sound to certain point but there is also a lot nonsense out there. You might not know, but quite many guys here are engineers and know the science on cables and electronics. Here is some good info about speaker wire for you: http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

And as you say you are therapist I'm pretty sure you are familiart with McGurk effect, if not then you should read more about it as that is what you are hearing with your cables. Here you can have quick look at it:

Next time you want to convince some one about subject like that get the facts first and scientific proof to confirm your findings.

GRACE RUBY

GRACE RUBY

Audiophyte
Sorry gentlemen:D, to pursue any more conversation here would borderline on sadism on my part, Thats a pastime for self loathing types and like all sensitive
happy, self loving people, I am not enjoying making fools out of all of you,

which your turned against others depression so well deserves:eek: not only for your own good, but so you think twice about doing it twice.

Tho I tried to show how dumb we all are :eek:sometimes, or am i the only one with such a healthy sense of humor only i can admit that.

may the music of the spheres light your nights

all my love to you and yours

PS guy, stop blaming others for your hearing problems, its not nice and you should see a doctor
like normal folks do.

GRACE RUBY

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
PS guy, stop blaming others for your hearing problems, its not nice and you should see a doctor like normal folks do.
So now it is us having hearing problems when we don't believe in fairy tales? Can you you actually post one scientific proof to you hearing a cable difference that is caused by anything else than cable thickness, cable lenght or cable not being OFC and it has been oxidised? I guess not. Did you actually check up the McGurk effect or the facts about wire?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Actually, yes. And, if the Oscope is different, not audibly so.

Well, not all the rest as there are many more out there than just this forum. But then, a lot of folks on the planet believe in supernatural things.

Don't have to be in your room. Know nothing about your testing protocol, statistical outcome, your setup. But the probability is not in your favor, period. Many have tried, none have succeeded.

You have not demonstrated such powers.
Wires don't distort.

Is that what happened here?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis