6 speakers and 4 channel amp

M

marcus906

Audiophyte
I had 6 left over car speakers and was going to turn it into a sound bar. All the speakers are the same brand and are 4 ohm, i was wondering how i should run the speakers to the amp, my receiver can handle 4-8 ohm

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I had 6 left over car speakers and was going to turn it into a sound bar. All the speakers are the same brand and are 4 ohm, i was wondering how i should run the speakers to the amp, my receiver can handle 4-8 ohm
If the sound bar is stereo you can only use four speakers and not six. In that case wire two sets of two speakers in series, one set will be left and the other right. If you use a receiver that can generate a center channel then you can use the other two again wired in series to the center channel amp. Audio amps have a narrow impedance range of 4 to 6 ohm generally. So two in parallel would give you 2 ohms which is too low and two in series will give you 8 ohms which is about right.

If you have a mono amp you could do it by wiring two sets of three in series which will give you two sets of 12 ohms and then wire those two sets in parallel and you will have six speakers at 6 ohms total.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis