R

robanfield

Audiophyte
Hi to all, Desperate for advice on new avr as I am not very knowledgeable in this game. I am looking to replace my old Onkyo which has died. I don,t have loads of dosh so I am looking at second hand yamaha rx-a3030, or new at a good price Pioneer SC -LX78-K 9CH.
My system is Panny 4k tv. 4 Monitor Audio Gold bookshelf mounted approx 6ft high. Monitor Audio centre, and Mordant Short sub. Possibly will fit ceiling speakers in near future and require zone 2 for speakers in other room. I love my gold speakers which I play mostly stereo for my music.
Any help would be fantastic. Cheers Rob.

R

robanfield

Audiophyte
Thanks tyhjaarpa, I am in the process of returning Denon 4200 faulty and the remote is awful, cheap and nasty. It has put me off a bit from Denon.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks tyhjaarpa, I am in the process of returning Denon 4200 faulty and the remote is awful, cheap and nasty. It has put me off a bit from Denon.
What kind of problems you had with your Denon 4200? Why not just get it repaired? I personally like Marantz remote, tho I only use receiver remote when I have to change setup as I can control my receiver with my blu-ray player remote after setup is done. I think the receiver remotes are quite similar how ever and by pictures Yamaha remote looks the worst imo.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that 4200 new or used? I have had several Denon AVRs in the past, not a single problem with any of them. It is better to get a brand new previous years models such as the X4200W, or Marantz SR6010, 6009.

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX4200W-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B012J1DSOC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1477049371&sr=1-1&keywords=denon+avr-x4200w

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B014MWT9YY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1477049711&sr=1-1&keywords=marantz+sr7010&condition=new

If you can get Bestbuy to price match one of those linked above it would be great.

R

robanfield

Audiophyte
Thanks Peng, it was a manufacture refurb with 2 yr guarantee, batteries were missing for remote, audessy would not work, reset unit numerous times, played audio through it and it was turning itself off after 10 mins. It has just put me off Denon I suppose.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks Peng, it was a manufacture refurb with 2 yr guarantee, batteries were missing for remote, audessy would not work, reset unit numerous times, played audio through it and it was turning itself off after 10 mins. It has just put me off Denon I suppose.
Many in these forums have bought refurb units without a problem, Denon included. Perhaps you just were unlucky with your unit, but I can understand that you are frustrated about the issues.

R

robanfield

Audiophyte
Thanks Peng, I have just been offered a yamaha rx-a3030 at a very good second hand price £400 uk. Which is the best ive seen and the unit is in pristine condition.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Peng, I have just been offered a yamaha rx-a3030 at a very good second hand price £400 uk. Which is the best ive seen and the unit is in pristine condition.
I was gonna suggest a Yamaha Aventage and look at you. :) Congrats on a great deal!

R

robanfield

Audiophyte
Thanks Peng, I am just about to pay the guy. If you are interested I will post to you my opinions on it.
I just can,t wait to get it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Peng, I am just about to pay the guy. If you are interested I will post to you my opinions on it.
I just can,t wait to get it.
The 3030 is a notch or two above the 4200. Congrats!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats. That's a great price for this receiver.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Who did you buy it from? Sounds like they did not refurb it!

R

robanfield

Audiophyte
Hi Kurt bought it from official dealer in UK they are refunding me and collecting it on Monday. I would put the problem down to Denon not the dealer. Cheers Rob

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis