Ripping in FLAC format with Jriver

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hi all,

I just purchased a new PC and am faced with the arduous task of ripping all my CDs in FLAC format. I used foobar with my last computer but I ripped all my music using WAV format, which sounded great but I could never get the album art to show on my TV when I viewed and played files using my Oppo player. Now that I have new PC, I figured I would start fresh and use JRIVER. The first CD I ripped was in CDA format. When I played it on the oppo it showed as MP3 with no album art. I went to tools-options-encoding and set it to FLAC encoder in JRIVER, but it still shows CDA format when I rip. Am I doing something wrong??
Can someone please help
Thanks

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hi all,

I just purchased a new PC and am faced with the arduous task of ripping all my CDs in FLAC format. I used foobar with my last computer but I ripped all my music using WAV format, which sounded great but I could never get the album art to show on my TV when I viewed and played files using my Oppo player. Now that I have new PC, I figured I would start fresh and use JRIVER. The first CD I ripped was in CDA format. When I played it on the oppo it showed as MP3 with no album art. I went to tools-options-encoding and set it to FLAC encoder in JRIVER, but it still shows CDA format when I rip. Am I doing something wrong??
Can someone please help
Thanks

Now it is showing as FLAC in JRiver but on my display the OPPO is showing the songs as MP3 with no album art???

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I can't speak about JRiver, but I use Exact Audio Copy and when I rip CDs to FLAC, I can import album covers that display on my SONOS app. Works well. You could try that.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks for replying! I really appreciate it. I will try this. I am trying to decide if I should pay for JRIVER when this 30 day trail is up or just go with free foobar..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for replying! I really appreciate it. I will try this. I am trying to decide if I should pay for JRIVER when this 30 day trail is up or just go with free foobar..
You're welcome.:) EAC is free software and I see no reason to buy anything, as I've had good experience with it. I'm no expert, but I found it easy to use. Good luck.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis