Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I stop in to voice my distaste for USPS yet again.

However, not for beads of the anus. OEEA has got me hooked oh those things. :eek:

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I stop in to voice my distaste for USPS yet again.
Speaking of the USPS... our country neighborhood has all mailboxes lined up at the entrance. Our local USPS office seems to have a new boss. One of his cost cutting measures is to limit how far the carrier can go from the mailbox to deliver a package.

Our house is approx 1/4 mile from the mailboxes. It is a private neighborhood road. They've been bringing me packages too big for the mailbox for over 30 years. Now it seems we're too far. Got an "undeliverable" notice in the box a couple days ago. Had to go pick up the package at the post office.

As the "city" has expanded to almost envelop our little un-annexed, county neighborhood, this is one of the advancements and conveniences they've brought... along w/ traffic, light pollution, noise pollution and animal habitat destruction. Doggone people & cities.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I'm a millennial only if I express my age in Celsius instead of Farenheit :D.
Perfect!!! I'm gonna use that. It's funny, and maybe even more funny will be the blank looks from TWC... (Them Without a Clue).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Started in a new job on 4th July, quite busy I would say.... Last week it was 6 countries in 5 days; My wife claims I now go on the Sunday afternoon flight to London the way other people drive to work; Quite interesting though...

Really new way of work, no limits, no boundaries, extremely dynamic, incredibly tough, super challenging clients. Working in one of the fastest rising cloud services companies....

Paper doesn't exist, Only MacBook Pro, Cloud services, iPad Pro, iPhone, Chromebook. Company is all Apple and Linux, I used mac for just a few months and would never want to go back to Windows ever....
Meetings are virtual, via Go To Meeting
No real offices in Norway, Denmark or Sweden, only "Regus" and "We Work"... office hotels...

We have now "unlimited" mobile with 60GB limit with free roaming across Europe, means you can work with unlimited boundaries wherever you are, I never use wifi anymore on the go, only mobile and hotspot and can't even get close to the 60GB / month limit.

I really like the way work possibilities develop these days :p
I really love my work these days :p

Future is today, wouldn't have it any other way :D

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Started in a new job on 4th July, quite busy I would say.... Last week it was 6 countries in 5 days; My wife claims I now go on the Sunday afternoon flight to London the way other people drive to work; Quite interesting though...

Really new way of work, no limits, no boundaries, extremely dynamic, incredibly tough, super challenging clients. Working in one of the fastest rising cloud services companies....

Paper doesn't exist, Only MacBook Pro, Cloud services, iPad Pro, iPhone, Chromebook. Company is all Apple and Linux, I used mac for just a few months and would never want to go back to Windows ever....
Meetings are virtual, via Go To Meeting
No real offices in Norway, Denmark or Sweden, only "Regus" and "We Work"... office hotels...

We have now "unlimited" mobile with 60GB limit with free roaming across Europe, means you can work with unlimited boundaries wherever you are, I never use wifi anymore on the go, only mobile and hotspot and can't even get close to the 60GB / month limit.

I really like the way work possibilities develop these days :p
I really love my work these days :p

Future is today, wouldn't have it any other way :D
That sounds exactly like my job besides the fact that I put in about 4 hours per week, seldom leave my house, haven't seen a plane in two years(outside of vacations) and only use an old CPU.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Some people should really be more attentive as to where they are driving :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Work trip to Michigan and I included a stop off to visit family in Ohio. Travel sucks...but the trip was great.

The best part was coming back after a long trip to find my garage broken into. Called police, they took a report and pics. Maintenance never came out to check the building. THIS MORNING I came out to find they had been in my garage AGAIN. Third time this year and the first time they stole my very expensive floor jack. Someone is going to get a really unpleasant reaming today.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
That sucks, John!

Hope things get sorted out satisfactorily for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Time to move?

Bitter Sweet Alley also stands for BSA ;-)

Last edited:
D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
J, which is better ... Moving or Standing in front of a judge? You have options if you move but the judge don't give options, the thief/burglar is very fortunate that I'm not your neighbor...;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
J, which is better ... Moving or Standing in front of a judge? You have options if you move but the judge don't give options, the thief/burglar is very fortunate that I'm not your neighbor...;)
They're fortunate *I* wasn't around too ;)

I've moved some of my things around so they are better secured and will be moving some of them to an actual storage facility. My concern now is the car, which up until now they have left alone. Nothing new today. It actually happens this time of year every year in this area when it first starts to rain and get cold at night. Transient drug addicts. Police monitor the area, but they can't watch it all the time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis