Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I would take this as a lesson to never buy a PS Audio product for their participation in such foolishness, as well as the people who recommended such nonsense.
I just love this nonsense from them:

• Hollow tube conductors for treble performance

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
As above the Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 is at the sweet spot in price and quality.
But for short RCA cables (say 10 feet/3 meters) there are many good cables.
Chose a coax cable with a heavy braided shield.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, someone should get kicked in the nuts for that kinda nonsense.
I was hasty in posting just that one line:eek:

Have a better look here with picture
http://www.psaudio.com/products/ac-power-cable/#tab-ac12

• Rectangular conductors for midrange performance
    • Multiple gauge conductors for bass performance
and
How can that construction allow any flex in the cable.
Or, that geometry is only at the plug end and not the whole cable?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was hasty in posting just that one line:eek:

Have a better look here with picture
http://www.psaudio.com/products/ac-power-cable/#tab-ac12

• Rectangular conductors for midrange performance
    • Multiple gauge conductors for bass performance
and
How can that construction allow any flex ion the cable.
Or, that geometry is only at the plug end and not the whole cable?
LOL was wondering where the rest of it was but now it means someone needs to get kicked in the nuts for each bullet point created....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I guess I don't understand how a power cord, which does not touch the signal at all, has ANYTHING to do with your sound?

I bet if you cut one of those cables open, you would find a standard cable inside lol.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

would the Invisa HTR 7000 in ceiling speakers be a good match with the roger sound labs 5.1 and the denon x6200w reciever also using a emotiva xpa3 amp to power the 2 front and centre speakers thanks

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

A ceiling speaker from one brand will hardly ever be a good (timbre) match for an in-room speaker from another brand.

Roger Sound Labs makes in-ceiling speakers, which should be a better match for their 5.1 speakers than something from another manufacturer. Any reason you don’t want to use theirs?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

i have just bought a denon x6200w amp with a roger sound labs cg24 521 package and 2 cg4 speakers to make it 7.2

which i will connect the 2 main front and centre to a emotiva xpa3 amp

i will be using blue jeans cables i will be using a panasonic ub900ebk 4k player

my question is svs have just realeased the prime elevation speakers for heights atmos would they be a great match for the roger sound labs 7.2 package would they integrate well blend well sound very good with the rest of the package i need 4 height speakers to make it 11.2 thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i am about to buy the emotiva erc3

at the moment i have a roger sound labs cg24 5.2 speaker package with an additional 2 cg4s connected to a denon 6200w amp and the front and centre speakers are connected to emotiva xpa3 amp using blue jeans cables

my question is what is the best way of connecting the erc3 to the rest of the setup would i need to use optical or coaxial or anolouge to the denon amp what is the best option and are there any settings i need to change thank you

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

i have just setup a roger sound labs 5.2 speaker package and two cg4s connected to a denon x6200w the two main fronts and centre connected to a xpa3 amp i will probably be adding roger sound labs c34e in ceiling speakers using blue jeans cables with a panasonic ub900 4k player

my question is i want to add a very high quality cd player to the above setup i want it to sound amazing what do people reccommend thanks

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Highly unlikely you’ll hear a difference with one connection type vs. another, but I’d use a digital connection – optical or coax, depending on which your Denon has for an input.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Can’t go wrong with the LuxmanD-05u, Yamaha CD-S3000, Modwright-Oppo BDP-105, Audio Aero Capitole, or Marantz Reference SA 11S.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Or you could get exactly same results (cd playback) from your already owned pana ub900 disc player

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I would second Bored Sys recommendation as well. Nothing wrong with that player in reproducing a CD.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Your Denon probably offers all three inputs. I'd use the optical, because optical is cool and it doesn't look like an RCA cable so you can quickly identify it (IOW, it matters so little we reach to find a rationale for choosing one over the other).
Pay attention to how the connection you use is labelled on the back of the AVR. Go to the "Setup" menu and look for something like "Assign Sources/Inputs". I think it is self-explanatory from there!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Digital vs analog just depends which dac you want to employ (and since this unit apparently doesn't handle multi-ch SACDs they're both limited to two channels of playback). Why this player with limited options instead of something with more capabilities like the similarly priced Oppo 103?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was just wondering in your other thread why you wanted a limited cd player like the Emotiva ERC3...your Panasonic will do nicely.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis