What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Got 4 - 8" low profile cooling fans for my 4 heat sources. ;)
Should have gotten them years ago. Now, they will out live me. :D

While they are very quiet in free air, holding it away from anything, as soon as you place it on something and even the covers, they are a noisy enough that I need to shut the glass doors almost completely.
But, it does cool, boy oh boy. Now I need a light jacket. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday I broke the virtual piggy bank, been saving and doing side consulting projects for a while to afford IT. It's not audio related at all, has a lot of chrome but not a car.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
H-D...and it's not high definition?

BTW, there's usually a LOT of audio out of those things. And I hate that.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yesterday I broke the virtual piggy bank, been saving and doing side consulting projects for a while to afford IT. It's not audio related at all, has a lot of chrome but not a car.
Is it a Harley? Is it a wine chiller? Is it a waterslide? Is it a yacht? Is it a Chromebook? Is it an abandoned missile silo you plan to convert into a home? Is it a toilet flush handle?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Is it a Harley? Is it a wine chiller? Is it a waterslide? Is it a yacht? Is it a Chromebook? Is it an abandoned missile silo you plan to convert into a home? Is it a toilet flush handle?
It's not a Harley, but it does a steam boiler and it can be loud and a bit dangerous if abused.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Hmmm... I loved it! Nothing like the sound of 2" drag pipes!!!
Good for you. I don't think anyone has the right to disturb my sleep and I get ticked off that on a warm day I can't listen to my music without that racket interrupting. Loud pipes risk rights. Don't be surprised when laws have us getting exhaust noise checked and restricted to the point that your bike is impounded until repaired. And I say this as a rider of over 40 years.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Good for you. I don't think anyone has the right to disturb my sleep and I get ticked off that on a warm day I can't listen to my music without that racket interrupting. Loud pipes risk rights. Don't be surprised when laws have us getting exhaust noise checked and restricted to the point that your bike is impounded until repaired. And I say this as a rider of over 40 years.
This reminds me of Bub Rub.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I don't really care for the loud pipes either, but there is a valid argument that the loud pipes give another indicator that a bike is nearby b/c drivers in cars don't always see the bikes.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I don't really care for the loud pipes either, but there is a valid argument that the loud pipes give another indicator that a bike is nearby b/c drivers in cars don't always see the bikes.
Urban myth. Loud pipes let other drivers know a bike is nearby after the bike has already passed. The sound is directed behind the bike, not so much to the front or sides.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't know moonshine stills were available with chrome. Huh.
Well, it's not a moonshine still either, but it has plenty of copper tubing... some fancy temperature controllers as well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@rojo winner, winner, chicken dinner

2nd image is of vertically mounted rotary pumb

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis