I hear the difference

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
Today I bought a Sonos ZP100 on Craigslist for $300. Paired it up with a set of Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf speakers $90 at Best Buy. As I'm listening to Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" I think I can understand why audiophiles don't like Klipsch. I have a 7.2 system that consists of mainly Klipsch speakers (with the exception of the subs). When listening to Klipsch, I hear the speakers. While listening to the Pioneers, I hear the music.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Audiophiles are merely those enthusastic about audio reproduction.....room has a great influence, but I wouldn't disagree with the lower lines of Klipsch (but that doesn't mean all speakers from the brand suck).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is more of a preference than anything. Some feel that sound is "crisp" or clear. To me it is shrill.

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
I've had Klipsch for years (like about 17). I'm surprised how shrill they sound and only realized it after hearing an inexpensive set that people rave about. I'll probably be switching my entire setup to the Elac Uni-fi speakers.

It is more of a preference than anything. Some feel that sound is "crisp" or clear. To me it is shrill.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Before you do, you owe it to yourself to audition at least a few more speakers. Consider getting time with some good ribbon tweeters, a good aluminum or titanium dome, etc. The more different types you hear the more informed your decision is about what is best for your ears, in your home. Audition the most promising ones in-home, at least two. Then you know you have what makes you the happiest, within the budget you had set (and then tripled.)

:D

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
Great advice. I'm attending the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest next month and I'll be able to listen to A LOT of speakers there

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis