Captain America: Civil War - How to do a Super Hero Movie (Spoiler Free)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I know a lot of people are tired of all the Super Hero Movies, but not me :rolleyes:

Why this movie works on so many levels:
1. Best Action Sequences: Both Real Hand to Hand and CG
2. Excellent cast of actors who play their characters perfectly
3. Yes there is a ton, and I mean a ton of action, but there is a solid story in there as well
4. Spiderman: Look forward to the next spiderman move, perfectly cast & Aunt May is Hawtt!!
5. While there are vilians, it's civil war, so its good guy vs good guy, makes for some fun combat
6. Excellent use of humor: Ant Man comes in at exactly the right time for some comic relief
7. It's not quite the ending you expect

Top Reason:
Fight scene between Cap & Bucky vs Iron Man is INCREDIBLE (Not a spoiler you have all parts in the previews)

Not Perfect: (I am really nit picking here)
1. Would like more interaction between Agent 13 and Cap
2. A ton of characters, each have their moment, but it is going to make the next Avengers film overcrowded (though they may have a way around this with the way it ended)
3. More of an Avengers Vs. than a Cap movie
4. Vision and Hawkeye very 1 dimensional

DC really should study this movie to figure out how to make a good super hero film. Granted I am a HUGE Cap fan, but this movie is just done well

My ADVICE: GO SEE IT, then buy your ticket for the next time you see it ;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just hire Christopher Nolan and it will be done right. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Trailers didn't really get me totally excited for this one for some reason, but I liked the last one and this one will no doubt be good too.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And, the the Agents of SHIELD coming up Tuesday the 10th is a follow on of this movie.
Interesting how they are threading movies and series stories together; Love what they do on CW, three shows have interlinks and appearances on the others.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw this movie. Overall I thought it was good. But IMO the plot was very lame.

Mind control/ Sleeper agent - check.
Revenge - check.
Have to do what you BELIEVE in your heart is right - check.
Comic relief - check.
Cameos - check.

Still pretty good overall.

But the Dark Knight trilogy by Christopher Nolan is how great comic book movies should be made.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I just saw this movie. Overall I thought it was good. But IMO the plot was very lame.

Mind control/ Sleeper agent - check.
Revenge - check.
Have to do what you BELIEVE in your heart is right - check.
Comic relief - check.
Cameos - check.

Still pretty good overall.

But the Dark Knight trilogy by Christopher Nolan is how great comic book movies should be made.
I thought you said that BvS was the best Super Hero ever Made?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
A fun movie. Lotsa action, new (for the Avengers) characters, intelligent conflict, interesting relationships opened, a few laughs and surprises. disturbing ending, though.

I'll buy it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
A fun movie. Lotsa action, new (for the Avengers) characters, intelligent conflict, interesting relationships opened, a few laughs and surprises. disturbing ending, though.

I'll buy it.
Yes, indeed, a house divided.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought you said that BvS was the best Super Hero ever Made?
I meant one of the best. It's different than any other comic book hero movie, except for Watchmen.

I think Watchmen, BvS, and Dark Knight are among the best.

S

shawnlim

Audiophyte
I agree that the fight between the 2 teams are fantastic and a must watch!
However, the storyline is just so-so.
I'm not sure if the story is from original Marvel or they just created it for the sake of making the series for $.
Overall, movie is very entertaining and the fight scene is good. But storyline is a bit weird.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Being the Nerd that I am, yes it was taken from the comics, but changed quite substantially.

1. Zemo's orgin story - completely different than comics
2. Sokovia accords - Mutant Registration Act in Comics
3. Iron Man is a lot more Douche and portrayed as the bad guy in Comics
4. Winter Solider was not part of comics with registration act
5. No Ant Man in Civil War
7. X-men invloved among others, but that can't happen (Thanks Fox)

That just covers a few. Comparatively speaking, I though the plot was quite good, they did more to balance out the sides and the transition to explain Zemo did work for the movie, but totally killed the characters background. It is tied in politically in the sense that you have to take the More Government vs Less Government control. I thought the comic Civil War was much more entertaining, especially the part where Iron Man puts nanobots in the villains to fight for his side only to have Punisher dress up as Cap (after he has been presumed dead) and go all super violent and start killing them off.

Rambling on..... lol you get the idea

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I started watching it on BluRay it later in the evening but stopped half way through because my wife went to bed. This flick as some serious chest pounding bass!!. One of the scenes with this insane bass is when the motor cycle gets snatched from its rider in mid air by one of the characters (forgot who ) . That scene hit hard. Good use of surrounds, killer bass moments, and excellent PQ quality alone makes this a solid purchase. :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I started watching it on BluRay it later in the evening but stopped half way through because my wife went to bed. This flick as some serious chest pounding bass!!. One of the scenes with this insane bass is when the motor cycle gets snatched from its rider in mid air by one of the characters (forgot who ) . That scene hit hard. Good use of surrounds, killer bass moments, and excellent PQ quality alone makes this a solid purchase. :)
I have been doing a lot more VUDU lately, but Cap was deemed Blu-ray worrthy :). The Bass is intense, especially the scene you refer too. I currently don't have my atmos speakers hooked up as I am in process of upgrading my amps, but in 7.2 it sounds awesome. I wish Disney would go 4k, would love to have this is HDR.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bought the 3D of this and have yet to have time to watch it. Watched the opening scene to get a feel and seems to be a good one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night. 3D looked great, though some aliasing. Audio was excellent. Movie itself I think maybe was built up a bit much. I like the way it was done and the story was actually pretty good, but I still kind of felt like it was pulled together to make certain scenes happen. I understand their motivations for the division in the group, but it felt like after these guys worked together all this time and were friends, it felt "forced" for them to split up. Still, it was pulled off well, great action WITH a story and I liked it. Didn't feel as long as it was because it was very well paced and balanced. Wasn't sure how I would feel about Spidey being in it, but I like the way they played him. TWO credit scenes...

Tony Stank.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis